Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaint

• 27-11-2001 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I would like to lodge a complaint about a moderator for the counter-strike boards. His name is Shinji and this is how the story goes.

As you can all see i'm new to this board. I wan't to find out where there any clan's recruiting that i could join, so i posted it up asking.

Clan's recruiting
    Is there any good clan's out there recruiting. I'm a good counter-strike player playing from 1.0, if you think i'm a newbie, don't count on it. Contact Extorence or post up here.

Thanks.

^ This is what i posted ^

Then suddenly people started talking about things off the topic which had nothing to do what i had posted previously. So i posted back the following :

Topic
    Hey guys, could we stick to the topic. I'm looking for a clan, and i need one badly.

Then Shinji made a remark which i must off took wrong, sorry.

Extorence, may I suggest that you go off and try reading the other threads about recruiting clans, or take the innovative approach of just playing on the same servers as people or lurking in the same IRC channels so folks get to know you? Clans that will take on some random geezer on the basis of saying he's good at CS are generally not worth being in in the first place...

^ I took this post the wrong way, so i posted up what i thought was a good reply.

Shinji
    Shinji as you can see that i'm new too this board. So don't go taking your anger out on me. I've done nothing wrong. Even if a clan never seen me play i am entitled to a trial, trials are so they can see how good you are. That's the hole point. Please try and act more mature Shinji and in future don't take your anger out on me. No offence by the way, it's just true. Happy day's everybody.

Now i was angry at this stage but there was no need for shinji to post the following:

Actually what I was doing was offering advice. Ho hum. I was only leaving the thread open because I figured it was being a bit harsh on a new poster to close it. I guess the benefit of the doubt has been given... Topic locked.

Now i found that a bit harsh and i request that you reopen the topic please as i am looking for a clan to join.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Sheesh, you should've read his 1st reply properly and it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Still though, he shouldn't have locked the topic, that was entirely needless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Welcome to the counter-strike board.

prehaps you should of read this thread beforehand -> :) <- Happy friendly helpful moderator post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

unfortunately extorance the CS board has been having some problems with some posters there, which causes the mods to be a bit more moderating and rightly so. This means that new or not your posts will be harshly moderated, and that way you learn to give a reasonable response in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

There's already a topic open and being posted to about someone who wants a new clan, surely you could have read this instead of starting a new one up all for yourself?

I don't see anything offensive in what shinji posted, but one or two of your comments could have been construed as so....
    Please try and act more mature Shinji and in future don't take your anger out on me.

The post was only left open in the first place because you're new and we don't like to lock people's first topic if it's a genuine one as it's not exactly encouraging to newbies, but yours was given the benefit of the doubt to start with, you can't ask for much more than that in the current atmosphere on the CS board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Things are a bit sensitive on the CS boards at the mo... just too many idiots of late.

Give it a chance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

To be quite honest shinji gave you the best advice going! Whenever a thread like this is started there isnt much of a response. The best thing to do(as shinji said) is to play on the servers and ask the clan members or ask about on irc! It's the best way to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

That thread had gone totally off-topic and descended into a bit of a píss-take already. No way in hell was it staying open to provide further flame material, and as I already pointed out, the only reason it wasn't locked in the first place is because you're a new poster and I'd rather not go locking people's first posts. Of course if you're going to proceed to take issue quite rudely with a moderator giving you some advice, that kinda becomes null, doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Extorence

I'm very sorry, i did'nt know there was some bad things going on the counter-strike board. Well i'll read post's twice now to get the full jist of things. Sorry again.

I hope to see you's in the future and Shinji, no hard feelings?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

bsides you can always just post the thread again, um, i mean, no dont do that ;)

but seriously, if you have been playing since 1.0, surely you would have known that the way to a clans heart is by its server, not by community boards....and
    I'm a good counter-strike player playing from 1.0, if you think i'm a newbie, don't count on it

is just asking for a flame....sorry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Personally I think Shinji should be exiled, in some sort of underground lair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like that amp. do you have some sort of a newsletter / periodical could subscribe to??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by amp
    Personally I think Shinji should be exiled, in some sort of underground lair.

but he lives in guillford..... how will he notice?

lock this un up, I think it has been dealt with.

I've been thinking about that smak. Some sort of amp fanzine or something. My people are looking into it.

Eh, Baz we haven't really solved what we're going to do with Shinji yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

amp test

Originally posted by amp
    I've been thinking about that smak. Some sort of amp fanzine or something. My people are looking into it.

ROFL @ "my people"
    Originally posted by amp
    Eh, Baz we haven't really solved what we're going to do with Shinji yet.

I am deeply sorry about that amp but I thought that once you said or suggested something that it was instantly law, so I thought that the shinji matter was finished with. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

do you have some sort of a newsletter / periodical could subscribe to??

isnt there a simpsons line to that effect ;) your stealing !!

this would apply to the origianl thread in question

moderated.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I have a small space under my stairs that could easily be used to store Shinji. He won't even have to pay rent.. well at least not in the conventional way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Shinji is right its the best way to get a trial if your name is known as that of a good player..

That is all
    Kraken

Originally posted by Baz_

I thought that once you said or suggested something that it was instantly law.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Kraken
    Shinji is right its the best way to get a trial if your name is known as that of a good player..

That is all
    Kraken

Gee way to post on topic and spoil it all kraken!

I totally agree with the idea of locking up shinji but have you thought of the logistics that an operation of this scale would need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wish to express my displeasure at any plans involving locking me up, unless certain criteria - such as the presence of hookers, and blackjack - are fulfilled first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

how about a pint and some pork scratchings?

or maybe just the scratchings. no pint or pork.

hmmm, curious and more curious.....

AmP test!
    but we dont think do we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't need your underground lair, i'm gonna make my own one with hookers and blackjack,

actually forget the blackjack aaaand the underground lair

aaah forget the whole thing.

bender.jpg

Advertisement