Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable

• 22-06-2000 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, things are looking up, I was on to Irish multichannels, there say that they are starting to connect people in Cork to there Cable internet in August. They will be then working up the country, to hit Kilkenny by September, They have no Idea of the price as of yet. And all the local providers such as Suir Nore Relay in the Kilkenny Clonmel area are owned by this l33t company. A Savour is in sight.

John

Amazing what you find out when you ring and ask smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

bleh, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Lump....i sent them an email a few days ago...still no reply...

Last year they promised that i would have cable early this year...

belive it when i trip over the fn cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I was told by suir nore in KK, that it would be here in September and Also by the mother company that it would be in KK by september too, So thats got to make you think.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

aaah, cork first! biggrin.gif
    of course, i'll never have the money for cable, but i will be happy knowing its available.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Irish Multichannels are ****e you can tell by their website, they had an add on Dublin radio about 5 months ago saying they were doing super duper fast Internet and when I rang their head office the girl hadn't a clue what I was on about, she said something like 'Internet? oh em ye we're still waiting for information on that gimme your number and we'll call you back' needless to say they never did.

The theory behind them is that they were bought by Princess Holdings who own a few licenses for wireless data transfers which cover 99% of Ireland so they can reach areas that aren't cabled using MMDS (Microwave Dishes) But their only allowed supply areas not already allocated to other cable providers such as NTL etc. AFAIK Princess Holdings bought most of the bigger bandwidth licenses available but other operators including NTL and Eircom bought some too. There are 2 way MMDS dish systems available but none of these companies seem to be in any hurry to roll them out so don't believe a word they tell you.

Blade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well i think they were taken over there reently, and the WAN I was talking to was very nice. So lets wait N' See

John

Advertisement