Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Symbol

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

I need to insert a euro symbol into an image using Photoshop but it wont work. And yes I have tried ctrl+alt+4 and altgr+4 and alt+4 and even alt+0128. They all dont give me the euro symbol. Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

need more info, wat os you running?

Windows 98 SE with Photoshop 5.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

hmmm, if you were running Win95 you would prob just need the update, can you get the symbol working in MS word or wordpad?

I tried copying and pasting from word didnt work either. Same with notepad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hate to point out the obvious but eh.. photoshop problem???
    If all else works then obviously it needs an patch or something to get it working.. if one is available...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

It seems to me that the euro symbol only works with certain fonts, im not sure what you are supposed to do for the rest?

i wish there was just one button to press to insert it, such a hassle!!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by fi
    It seems to me that the euro symbol only works with certain fonts, im not sure what you are supposed to do for the rest?

i wish there was just one button to press to insert it, such a hassle!!!! :(

If the font hasn't been updated to include it (or designed originally with it for newer fonts), there's nowt you can do about it.

If there was just one button to press to insert it, the problem would be the same (having said that, it would be handy, might happen some day, even with the Yanks putting the hash key over the 2 on their keyboards and calling it the "pound" (just drop the £ totally - more countries than the UK use the £ though)

Advertisement