Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANNOUNCE: New IrelandOffline Committee Members

Options
  • 28-11-2001 12:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pleased to announce that another two IrelandOffline members have agreed to join the committee in the last couple of days. They are 80project and SkepticOne, who I'm sure you'll all agree have a very good understanding of the issues at hand; and will be valuable to us all in progressing the process.

Welcome aboard gentlemen, and thanks for accepting our invitation. I'll leave the formal introductions to yourselves, at your option.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Congrats. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Before this i had to watch my P's and Q's but now i have to Dot my I's and cross my T's as well ? awwwwwwwwwwwww
    ROFLMBO!! Just kidding :)))))))))

Nice to have ye abord guys ... Welcome! :P

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

Congrats to
    Fergus, 80project and SkepticOne who have recently become
    members of the committee.

Who else is their?
    I know I off Bard, dahamsta, ekehoe, and o_donnell_abu.

The Magnificent Seven or is their someone I have missed?

Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Good on ya guys. Welcome to the collective :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Thanks for those encouraging words. I am pleased to be invited onto the committee and hope I can make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Lemme see...

According to our mailing list management, we have 13 Committee members. This includes Fergus, 80project and SkepticOne, who are our most recent additions, along with Elana Kehoe (ekehoe), her husband Brendan, Martin Harran (odonnell_abu), myself (Niall O'Keeffe -aka Bard), Vice-Chairman Dave Long (Dangger), Acting PRO Adam Beecher (dahamsta), and a couple of others who don't use the boards.

Although most are, not all are from Dublin - our chairman is a Donegal man and we have at least 2 committee members living in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Fergus
    Good on ya guys. Welcome to the collective :)

IrelandOffline Committee ??
    Welcome to the Collective ??

:eek: This sounds like Bolshevik Russia....AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

What have I let myself in for !!??

Oh BTW Thx for the welcoming words- I will not let you down:)

If you think you CAN, You WILL...
    If you think you can't, You Won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

2 Cork ppl ? Whos the other ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Congrats to you guys!!!

Gee, I wish our membership-base would grow at the rate that our Committee is growing....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by yellum
    2 Cork ppl ? Whos the other ?

Well we have Adam in Cork, plus a chap named Marco, who was a member of the formative committee back in May this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Gee, I wish our membership-base would grow at the rate that our Committee is growing....

It will. We just need to get organised...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

how exactly does one become a member??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

At the moment, by joining our our mailing list:

http://irelandoffline.taint.org/mailman/listinfo/io-announce

I'm working on a membership database at the moment.

adam

D i have watched/read/said ****/posted/ and whatever. But i dont care what anyone else thinks. I honlestly think you are working at 1,000% above normal. Ok feel free to give me a million answers to deny what i have just said. But i really think u deserve a break! I said in a previous post that i depend on u a lot.... i ment it! But please dont Burn yourself out! Im sure everyone here knows you by now and the work that you do. Christ mate PLEASE!! take a break! As i said b 4 and im going to say it again.... we need you! But not at the expense of loosing you. (if anyone wants to know why i saying this ...just take a look at the last 1,700 posts) not only that but look at the work he is putting in elsewhere. If i offended u D .... i apoliges but Christe mate.... take a BREAK!! even if only for a day or 3 . Please dont get me wrong ok.

MS

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

OK MS: deep breath -- good -- now hold it for a second -- now breath out slowly... that's good... let out all that tension... excellent.

Dude. Take a chill pill. Seriously.

Attn Eircom: look what you've done to MS!!! The stress is tearing him apart!!! FRIACO NOW!!! Broadband NOW!!!! Won't someone think of the children??!??!? Oh, the humanity...!

*sob*

Thanks Paul.

I apologise for showing some concern for other people.... it wont happen again. The breathing trick really helped. Thank you.

MS

Advertisement