Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Chorus neglected to mention about powernet in their publicity

Options
  • 28-11-2001 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Ok where do I start,

When I had my eircom landline installed there was one in the house here in the land lords name

But the people at eircom did not have a problem with me having a separate account at the same addres as the phone put in by the land lord would have his name and this address on the bill

Not so with chorus I'm afraid

The rent here includes a cable TV hook up in the landlords name When I enquired about getting power net in I was told that they could only have one chorus account per address.

So If I want to get powernet I will have to get the bill in the landlords name he gets the bill then Im expected to pay him

What I want is a similar set up with chorus as I have with eircom

The Landlord can have his Cable TV account while I have my separate powernet account. I dont watch TV and gave back the Cable box to the landlord when another tennants box broke down.

My problem with this arrangement is that as the land lord doesnt live here there is no way of me knowing whether or not he will forget to pay my 40 quid a month to chorus. As well as that If im paying for something I expect it to be mine not anyone else

Looks like I'll be getting eircom adsl after all if and when it comes to Limerick

Oh and the lady on the phone said if I went out and took the attitude of "going out and telling everyone i knew that I disagreed with this stupid policy" that they wouldnt bother telling me if they changed their rule on this issue

so please tell as many people as you can

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Something similar happened to me. Chorus have a problem with two accounts at the one address.

However, the difference in my case was that a salesperson (on commission, I presume ;)) had called and was ringing in the order to arrange for installation when they said no can do. Even 'changing' the address by saying 5A when the house number is 5 didn't work. Anyway, did the act in front of the salesman saying how disappointed I was, looked sad and complained about Chorus in general, and then started asking for manager's name and his name etc. Salesman said he'll see what he can do and it's installed a few days later.

So, I would get a salesman to call and offer to buy the sun, moon and stars off him. Powernet will be yours in a few days.

Money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well I would say that chorus' services are proably better better than anyones in the region but their rules are discriminatory and If they were to to get rid of that idiotic rule i might even consider taking up their phone line service

When it became clear that I was getting nowhere on the phone i told her I would be making a complaint about it to the ODTR (whether or not they will do anything remains to be seen though I doubt it ) and make my feelings known to those who were considering their service.

her answer was "well if you are going to do that then i wont bother telling you if and when we decide to change our policy whether it being in six or twelve months yadda yadda yadda"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

her answer was "well if you are going to do that then i wont bother telling you if and when we decide to change our policy whether it being in six or twelve months yadda yadda yadda"

Heh, I'd love to have one of those gobsheens try that crap with me. My answer would have been:

"I'll be sure to mention your attitude to Ms. Doyle in my letter. I'm sure she'll be delighted to hear about your attitude and that you want to hide policies like this from her, especially in light of the service charge increase she gave Chorus recently, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was dependant on service level improvements? Now, what did you say your name was again?"

heh

adam

you got a point I forgot to say that in the mail i sent to the ODTR but I can assure you that the odtr wont be the last ones to hear from me

whose next

joe@rte.ie hmm liveline here i come

So how do I coerce a chorus salesperson (must remember equality and all that ) to call to my house :D stick your answers in thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Chorus are (without doubt) the biggest bunch of muppets I've ever had the displeasure to deal with.

They are the only company I know who *REFUSE* to allow their customers to deal with a customer service manager, because its not 'policy' to allow punters to talk to them.

They don't seem to know the difference between a TV and a modem.

They have no concept of customer service as far as I can see.

They have more outstanding public complaints against them (check with the ombudsman for details) than any other company operating in the same sector.

They have been promising their 'powernet' solution for approx 18 months now.. and still no sign of it, or a cohesive pricing structure (beyond the trials down in the bog).

I could go on, and on..... but I'll stop now before I get really angry again.

c0y0te

I could go on, and on..... but I'll stop now before I get really angry again.

Don't get mad, c0y0te, get even. File a complaint with the ODTR. She gave them their price rises based on customer service improvements. And she can bloody well take them back too.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Hmm
    (beyond the trials down in the bog).

A totally unnecessary remark.

Satisfied Powernet user

jbkenn

a bit nasty that bog remark dont think ive come accross a single bog here in limerick city

and as for the satisfied powernet user well i guess i'd be satisfied too if that shower of scumbags down on Childers' Road would get their act together and make their policies fairer and their services availible to EVERYONE

and for the angry guy be angry enough to contact the ODTR ...i did and send mail to every news paper and local radio station in your area too

i can only give you some for limerick

http://www.live95fm.ie
    http://www.limerick-leader.ie
    http://www.limerickpost.ie
    http://www.limerick.com

Originally posted by fcddunne
    So how do I coerce a chorus salesperson (must remember equality and all that ) to call to my house :D stick your answers in thread

Ring them up, say you're interested in TV, phone, Powernet etc. and ask someone to call out to explain it all.

If the muppet on the 1800 or 1850 number is being uncooperative hang up, get the real Limerick number for Chorus and ask to speak to the MD. I did that on one occasion and got his PA. Matter was quickly solved after that :)

• Advertisement

I know the limerick number its 061 417888 but its pointless because there is already a chorus account on this addres

Originally posted by fcddunne
    I know the limerick number its 061 417888 but its pointless because there is already a chorus account on this addres

Well I got around it and I put it down to the salesman not wanting to lose a customer. By all means go the route of complaining to the ODTR but what would you like for Christmas: A letter from the ODTR or a Powernet connection?

Most of the country can complain to our hearts' content because there is nothing there for us. If you are lucky enough to be in Limerick just try and get the damn thing so you can tell us how great it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by jbkenn
    (beyond the trials down in the bog).

A totally unnecessary remark.

I agree, please use "The land of the Muck Savages" from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

/\ ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Dustaz

This particular "Muck Savage" has broadband for the last 12 Months, let me know when you get it.

jbkenn

This particular "Muck Savage" has broadband for the last 12 Months, let me know when you get it.

Oooh, it's going to sting when Dustaz replies to that.

Anyway, they're happy in the Pale, we're happy beyond it, so how about we all stop being so sensitive and try to get along?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by jbkenn
    Dustaz

jbkenn

Ill tell you what, ill let you know when i start paying for it, and you let me know when you knife wielding farmers gain a sense of humour, hows that?:D

PS Some good phrases to work in to your reply would be "Jackeen", "Recently settled" and "Drug crazed boyo"

Sorry for this blatant troll:)

Advertisement