Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great News! everything is going to be OK!

Options
  • 28-11-2001 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Our e-conomic e-future is assured! see

http://www.thedigitalhub.com/

http://www.medialabeurope.org/index.html

All we need to do now is to stop bitching, stand back and let the govt. spend our money on expensive items such as the Grand Academy of Lagado and the Digitalhub (have to make a trip to see that some day, I wonder what colour is it? does it emit a low humming noise?).

So relax and stop whinging, what do ye want DSL for? ye've got a cinema.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Thank god, finally an organisation that looks like it's going to sort out this e-hub(cap) of ours.

Yep, they certainly have the bull by the horns:

Domain Name: THEDIGITALHUB.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Nov 28, 2000
    Expires on..............: Mon, Nov 28, 2005
    Record last updated on..: Tue, Dec 05, 2000

Time to disband Ireland Offline!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

exciting times indeed, pencil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

how come when someone says, everythings going to be ok, i allways suddenly feel the need to build a better bomb shelter.

Anyway, yea the media lab and the digi village wont hcange a good damn thing except the goverment will be the ones building the fibre ring for it.
    they have allready ****ed up this think 6 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    how come when someone says, everythings going to be ok, i allways suddenly feel the need to build a better bomb shelter.

exactly what i was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

So some more parts of Dublin wil be getting this digital hub thingy now isnt that nice.

as for dispanding irelandOFFLINE a litle early dont you think.

but I would like to know when will ireland offline be satisfied that they they have met their goals will it be when the whole country has broadband or when the whole of Dublin gets it.

Im just asking because of the previous suggestion t odispand the group once he saw the site for this digital hub I do hope that the majority of the committee dont believe this to be the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Time to disband Ireland Offline!

DOH! I really hope not.

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Umm lads, hes completly RIGHT!!! everything IS ok!!
    This link explains EVERYTHING you need to know about the first couple of posts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Jeeesus!!!

What a poxy effort!!!! I just downloaded the pdf and had a quick look at it (no, I didn't read it fully, yet - lads, tell me have I missed much?).
    If this effort was not that sad I'd be rolling on the floor laughing. Is this all the Irish Government wants to do to get a proper data-communications structure for Ireland???
    Well, they should have better stayed in bed then working something like this out. At least they would have saved a lot of tax-payer's money that way...

Sorry, lads I better stop here before i post something that I may regret later...
    Anyway, as you can see I am 'absolutely excited' about those 'great news'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Chame down, chame down.......... & get it together.

Dustaz hit the nail

This link

Man one has to be careful around here, you could get strung up for having a sense of humor.

I suggest reading the thread, with attention paid to the whois look up & date the domain was created!

Domain Name: THEDIGITALHUB.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Nov 28, 2000
    Expires on..............: Mon, Nov 28, 2005
    Record last updated on..: Tue, Dec 05, 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

rofl @ 20p to buy a clue...

yes I dont think the IOffline crew will be disbanding any time soon, and as far as I'm aware some of the crew don't even live in dublin, like yerself for example MS. I think it is one of the stated goals of IOFFL to get the whole of Ireland connected anyway so worry not.

Oh and sarcasm can sometimes be very subtle, next time be very careful before replying too early.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement