Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBS and RAS

• 27-06-2000 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

ok - this is the last straw - all PC related stuff is about to be thrown from the top floor and i'm going to return to pen and paper unless someone can help me.

Is there any way to set up my home PC to access MS Small Business Server over a modem?

i'm running MS Small Business Server and I am trying to get my PC at home to connect using the RAS. I can dial up to the server remotely, it answers and accepts passwords and all that mullarkey.

BUT.......

here's the problem. it will not let me access the server or the network. I've taken a look though the help pages and it tells me that the client applications cannot be installed over a modem.

is there anyone out there who can help?

please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes you can.
    but it would be dog slow.
    as long as you can RAS in you should be able to hit the network and therefor the servers.
    if you are not seeing the network when you RAS in then i suggest your account is not set up correctly?

Advertisement