Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizzare claims

Options
  • 28-11-2001 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Let me just say that I hate Hearsay and all that sort of music but this just made me laugh.

Some eejit journo apparently suggested that Hearsay were ripping off fans by releasing their 2nd album 9 months after their first! [In ACE ( www.rte.ie/ace ) they deny these claims]

Apparently that's too soon. They didn't say that when dylan or the beach boys would release 2 albums a year,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

I'm surprised it took them this long. Maybe 3-4 hours with Music 2000 on Playstation and I could come up with the tunes, and then a few more hours of that lot poncing around pretending to be talented.

Or is that Westlife......oh no, it was Westlife with 3-4 hours picking out 1 in every 5 songs on VH1 to cover, and then the few hours poncing about pretending to be talented....I get mixed up.......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

In fairness Bob Dylan fans don't go around pestering their mammies to get them the latest releases now do they. It's like man u changing their strip every second week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

In fairness Bob Dylan fans don't go around pestering their mammies to get them the latest releases now do they

I do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Monkey

Apparently that's too soon. They didn't say that when dylan or the beach boys would release 2 albums a year,

They didn't even say that when Pearl Jam released every bootleg concert they could lay their hands on, all on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its ****ty compilations and "greatest hits" collections that really piss me off...

I mean gabrielle and the backstreet boys have these out for christmas, I mean why? they have two albums each afaik... and probably three "hits" between them,

• Advertisement

Add Steps firmly to the top of that list. Greatest Hits? Ha!

Mustr

Add Steps firmly to the top of that list. Greatest Hits? Ha!

Have to add - what really pisses me off is when a band release an album (usu a greatest hits) and a few weeks later release a "deluxe" version, maybe with an extra CD.

Obviously no problem with a band releasing a "jumbo deluxe" package at the same time as the original release, even if they screw you on price - it's when they know they're going to do it. It must just annoy "real fans" (there's a prase I thought I'd never use) who rushed out and bought the CD the first week, then just go and buy it again after a few weeks when the updated version is released (assuming they don't take advantage of HMV's 60 day money back thingie)

Guilty, off the top of my head:
    Annie Lennox (Medusa)
    MPeople (bizzarre Fruit 1 and 2)
    Samantha Mumba (whatever it was called)
    Atomic Kitten (ditto)
    I'll excuse Ocean COlour Scene as it was only a few days with Songs for the front row

Advertisement