Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie clubs in Dublin

Options
  • 28-11-2001 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm pretty new to Dublin and I'm still kinda finding my feet, and so far, with the exception of Phantasm at Whelan's I haven't been to any good indie clubs. Can anyone recomend some decent places to go, especially at the weekend. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Got an e-mail today bout these though I've never been to any of them, I'm afraid:

SAVAGE BANTER
    Thomas House, Thomas Street
    dancing and drinking and sounds of the universe in a
    dingy little pub every Friday
    (8.30 - 1am)
    FREE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday, November 30 features residents Pablo & Leagues
    and special guest Chocolate (XFM/Arse/Corpo)

BLEEP * Bodkins Bar Bolton St (opposite college, end of Capel St)*
    Dublin * £freeee
    - BLEEP is Ultramack's regular Friday night in a pub with DJs.
    - This weeks lineup is Singer (ie-indie) and Skatter (v/vm), along
    with the ever present Decal crew.

Lazybird * upstairs International Bar, WIcklow St, Dublin * 7pm *
    £3
    - Authentically grimy venue featuring improvisational music, DJs and
    fairy lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 number17bus

super_furry

you ought to try the downstairs bar of the isaac butt, across from busáras - it has an indie disco and good young local bands often. eamon doran's in temple bar also has bands.....the best FREE triphop/dance place is downstair's in hogan's of georges street, deadly music, lots of posers there though.....otherwise, if you are into goth, try the temple bar music centre. either way, have a great time!!!!

on the same subject, can anyone tell me if there is still an indie disco at frazer's on o'connell street? 'button moon' a couple of years ago used to be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

temple bar music centre for goth stuff?? first ive heard of it.....but as for frazers on o connell street.......downstairs in it every saturday night there's dominion, 80's, goth, punk, altenative,electro club on, 9pm-3pm. its rather fantastic, well worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

button moon was amazing, but i don't think there's anything there anymore. as far as i know (but i could be wrong) a phantom-related club opened up and pushed button moon out or fraziers just told button moon to f uck off (or both).

is the club in isaac butts any good?

Advertisement