Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diplomacy

Options
  • 29-11-2001 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

would a game of diplomacy work for boards.ie?

jaz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

More a board game then a RPG isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

wouldnt figure it as a brdgame. i always considered it not to be anything really but if i was forced to choose then i would choose rpg. but if you want to delete your post and this one and dump it into games... then fine by me.

jaz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

u talking aobut the online version of the game, with a computer that works out all teh moves etc? sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by jaarius
    wouldnt figure it as a brdgame. i always considered it not to be anything really but if i was forced to choose then i would choose rpg.

/me would have thought that "strategy game" was a much more appropriate moniker for it.

Unless you actively *pretend* to be a ruling monarch, there's no RP in this G. On the other hand, if pretending as such made it an RPG, then Risk could equally be classified as an RPG, no?

At the end of the day, "on-line" Dip is more suited for e-mail play then being boards-based anyway :)

jc

Risk is more a board game.

I have seen diplomancy matches happen over the phone with numerous people. One person is the board controller and everyone feeds their moves into them. So it's certainly possible to get one going if you can get the people. I wouldn't class it as a board game, nor a RPG. more a strategy game or how to learn how to stab people in the back when they least expect it.

I would say ask on the web games forum and see if you can get people for it and investigate a PC option for storing the data. If the give out to you, your welcome to work on it here.

http://www.gamespy.com/games/837.shtml (single player sucks)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.games.diplomacy

• Advertisement

Judge server sources. I think that's an email version server.

Advertisement