Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokes announce Irsh date!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-11-2001 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

will be officially announced later this week

Olympia, Dublin, 31st March....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:p :p:p

cant wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

mmmmmmmmmm indeed!
    Those guys are DAMN fine! Should be a great gig!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snakybus

Damn I'll be out of the country. Do you reckon they'll push it forward a week if I ask them nicely?

www.settlersite.com

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

How do we know that you ar'nt lying? Eh?? Eyeliner boy?? You could bring my hopes of a repeat of the summer crashing to its firey death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

given that they announced it on thursday,i think we can take it that he's telling thr truth.does anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

it's an mcd gig, so it's likely that it'll be announced tomorrow. and if not tomorrow, then definitely some time this week, so i'd say tix will be on sale this week, though im sure it'll sell out in no time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Allegedly they were utter **** last time they played here, doubht it'll be any better this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

March 13th?! Surely there'll be new Saviours of Music by then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Meh... I don't like the Stokes all that much. I can't imagine them being fantastical live either. From what I saw from live preformances for MTV and other junk they've got all the energy of a corpse goin' on. Especially the Bass player.

Yeeeee-aawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you, buddy.

The energy they have on stage is amazing.

The vids on Q-TV et cetera of their performance at that NME bash early this year were anything but lacking in energy.

But then again, I am only a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Here's the thing...

They don't have much energy but they do seem to sound good live. When I say energy I mean that they seemed to be fairly stationary through what I've seen of them live. But thinking about it they whole crazy-ass throwing yourself around thing I like bands to be able to do wouldn't really suit their sound all that much.

And it'd mess up all their emo-hair and get them all sweaty and that just ain't cool man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement