Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web hosting

Options
  • 30-11-2001 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent hosting company with unlimited bandwidth, preferably on this side of the atlantic. A good one with PHP, MYSQl, email and all th e other trimmings. Know of any good ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Me ;)

Send me a PM if you want details and stuff, Do Co-lo, Managed Co-lo and will be doing vservers in a little while.

Gambl0r

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

ME!

I've just bought a reseller account...

I can sell you unlimited space for £6.95/month and it includes Perl, PHP4 Scripting, SSI, PYTHON and has a control panel and free sub-domains, the domain name is separate (as I've to pay the company the fee) UK domain names (.co.uk .ltd.uk .plc.uk and .org.uk) are £15 for 2 years (I'm only charging you for what i've to pay them). US domain names (.com .org and .net) are £12 for 1 year...

If you're interested pls reply,
    DEmeant0r.

(or just wait till my website comes out)

BTW the £15 fee is in sterling

BTW I offer unlimited MySQL databases free...

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Control Panel? I take it then you don't offer shell access 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

they've been in the web hosting business a long time now

i am amazed at the reliability of them

www.pair.com

you can't go wrong with them

you really can't, they're awesome, if you want reliability and really fast web pages go with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Static
    Control Panel? I take it then you don't offer shell access 8)

I do offer shell access, it's all in the wonders of the control panel, I don't know what I'd do without one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Do any of you guys support jsp?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Originally posted by Demeant0r

I do offer shell access, it's all in the wonders of the control panel, I don't know what I'd do without one.

A 'control panel' gives me shell access? I don't understand that. I know of hosting companies that give you a 'control panel' to manage your account, but it's very restrictive. You actually give the user ability to telnet/ssh to the machine itself as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Phil www.cqhost.com are good for JSP.
    They're hosted on Resin so it's nice and fast. No shell access though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thanks Enygma, INI Hosting seem quite good but they're not taking new accounts at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Try PHPWebHosting. They offer unlimited [1] MySQL databases, subdomains, pop3 addresses and bandwith. They support PHP, custom 404's and shell access (you can set up your own cronjobs! [2]).

I've a site with them and they're pretty decent enough for $10 p.m.

[1] Unlimited here means they're fairly cool as long as you don't tear the ar5e out of it.

[2] Again, as long as you don't tear the ar5e out of it - no jobs running every minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

How many hits a month would you need to get thrown off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by MarkMI6
    How many hits a month would you need to get thrown off?
    I'd gather from various newsgroups, etc. that they loosely cap ppls bandwidth at between 3 and 5 Gb p.m. So in page impressions, that'll be that figure divided by the size of your page.

Advertisement