Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for Laptop

• 28-06-2000 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

I'd imagine the cost would be quite penal, but any decent broker should be able to quote ya.

If it's too high, don't bother; put the bobs aside in the bank and use it for upgrades if it survives.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Lads,

anyone know where I can get my laptop insured? I don't feel at all comfortable walking around with it uninsured...

I need it to cover international travel etc.

On the house insurance is not a real option for me.

I seem to recall getting a leaflet at DCU about someone insuring students including computers etc, any DCU heads have the name/ph num?

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Does your employers not have some kind of insurance policy you can get it put under ? I'm wondering this myself as I have recently forked out 3k+ on a laptop too

They don't know and are not going to find out about it I'm afraid (more in a couple of weeks on the work board).

These things may as well have a red target saying "please steal me"....

I do distinctly recall an insurance brochure when I started my DCU course last year, they definately covered laptops & desktops. Does any DCUer know of the company name?

Tincool: what is it anyway?
    Mines a Dell Inspiron 7500 650/128mb/18gb/15.4tft

Cheers,
    Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 29-06-2000).]

No way, it's almost £4k worth, I can't risk it getting stolen by some muppet cos he knows theres a good prawn collection on there (it's pgp'd so **** off!).

Anyone got a proper suggestion?

Cheers,
    Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 29-06-2000).]

Advertisement