Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA's?

• 25-06-2000 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I'm Just after gettin my ISDN line in my gaf biggrin.gif So I need a Termaial adapter, Any1 know of which one is best for games?
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

MIlls bought one, I cant remember which one, I'm sure he'll post here, or call in to #fortress.ie and ask him.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Get an Eicon Diva internal TA from IT Direct, about 70 quid, best TA for games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yes there the bestest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I recently picked up a good TA. The Asuscom internal 128k from insight.com for £20 no inc vat o rp&p. It rocks for games, last night on vishnu.ign.ie my ping was around 35-50 and on most UK servers it's 50 but climbing to 70 in high action (on indigo)... but a solid 50 on Irish servers.

I'll take 2 plz redface.gif)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

£20?? was that a typo by any chance smile.gif also, are those pings when connected at 128k or with just the one channel open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I got the Diva from IT Direct as u suggested castor, very nice, simple to install too.............I mail ordered it off them and had it the day after it came into stock

I am inflatible !

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

if any of ye are multilinking, what isp are ye doing it with...if ever i try, my 2nd call is dropped immediately (using DUN in win95)...

do ye set it up in the ta configuration or wha?...

Cheers,

Mark.

www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

Just some info here. Connecting at 128kbps wont give you a better ping, latency is completely different from bandwidth which is whats doubling when you connect at 128kbps rather than the default 64kbps. And for ISP's, Oceanfree is my choice. Its free and it has stac compression which is good for downloading which is about the only reason to connect at 128kbps. As for your second line dropping in Win95, from what I know about it it hasnt got support for multilinking out of the box so you need to get the Dialup Networking patch from microsoft. I would recomend though not searching that site for ever and a day and go to some warez site and get either Win98se or WinME. They have far better support for ISDN and all that lark.
    Hope thats what you wanted to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yeah it's £20 not inc vat or p&p. I think it's actually £35 from scan.co.uk but it's £20 from insight.com but they **** you around with p&p at insight.com.
    Anyway yeh those pings r the real thing, through indigo on 1 channel to vishnu 35-50. I was on a jolt server last night playing q3 CA and the ping was pretty nice too 45-70 in heavy action.... no wonder all those uk heads stand by the asuscom it's fast as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Cheers for the help sickboy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Thx for the advice lads.

narf
    clanludo

Advertisement