Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can we have a return to castle wolfenstein board

• 30-11-2001 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

and can i be moderator?

had to get in before smak did.

also, can we have a civ 3 board.

and can i be moderator?

can we have a quake 2 board :)

and can i be moderator?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Despite the subtle hint of sarcasm ;) NO! those are stupid ideas :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

id back a castle wolfenstein board, and i put my name in for secound mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

If your post was anyway serious id say wait a while (month or two) to see if the game(s) survive their initial hype.

WWM: aparently there are more important things than being a mod. i just havnt found them yet though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No, its just my warped sense of humor,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by smak

WWM: aparently there are more important things than being a mod. i just havnt found them yet though....

let me know will you, im getting bored of editing both posts on the work forum :)
    maybe when the economy picks up so will the work board!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i say make a RTCW board, but only after deleting the tribes + unreal boards...

this is the only active thread in tribes:
    Games > Tribes > Tribes -vs- ISS Deluxe -vs- NBA Jam '96

there is so little traffic on them i think that they could be dealth with on the Games board.

Games grow old and die, and so should the message boards.
    I'm all for new boards for new games, but delete the old boards, and let the general games board deal with any threads related to these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Oi! Dee Bee See! NOOOO!

Ok, so tribes might not be the busiest forum, but there is a more recent thread than that one and people still play both tribes games.

people played tribes 2 for 10 days, then got bored. :)

point taken dustaz...
    (but i hope i made my point too)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by smak
    If your post was anyway serious id say wait a while (month or two) to see if the game(s) survive their initial hype.

Wolfenstein WILL have staying power, unlike Tribes 2 etc.
    The reason for this: once people have completed the single player game they will have the multiplayer version, which I imagine will have a similar online lifespan to Half-Life or Quake3.

Therefore, I too am backing a Wolfenstein board ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Ehhh... no, theres no way at the moment that you could tell whether or not RTCW will survive. It depends on how durable it is, how modable it is and how many people will give up other the other games in order to play it. Give it some time, if a board becomes necessary, create a board, otherwise - leave it be.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'd say things are looking good for this one. I got the game myself and i'm just waiting on a pc now to be able to play it. :/

I've got a feeling its gonna be big...be prepared...be very prepared :p

Originally posted by Samson
    Wolfenstein WILL have staying power, unlike Tribes 2 etc.
    The reason for this: once people have completed the single player game they will have the multiplayer version
    so what you are saying is that tribes 2 did not last because its rich single player game was let down by a poor multiplayer element?
    http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=fool

now, now DBC temper temper.

twould only be nice to see this dethrown CS if they come out with an original and kickass mod, but apparently the single player is a let down, I was reading some boards somewhere, where someone said they completed the game in 7 hours, and he paid $60 bucks for it. A bit ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Asuka
    Ehhh... no, theres no way at the moment that you could tell whether or not RTCW will survive. It depends on how durable it is, how modable it is and how many people will give up other the other games in order to play it. Give it some time, if a board becomes necessary, create a board, otherwise - leave it be.

A

Agreed, but all the reviews i've read about the game say that multiplayer-wise it will be huge. Not too sure myself, i cant get used to those blasted non-client side weapons from the first beta :mad: Damn you half-life, damn you :rolleyes:

For the moment surely the Q3 board will do won't it?

Originally posted by Asuka

A

As RtCW is based on the Q3 engine it will be as modable as that game.

Also, as Baz said the single player game is a bit of a let-down, although I thought it very good I was suprised at how quickly I completed the game (without cheats).

On the multiplayer side of things, all signs point to this being very popular (look at the interest in the test) and it is already taking off fairly well, and when the mods kick in it should take off even more.

Hopefully it won't be too long before we have an Irish server to play on (I am presently playing on UK and European servers and pings are not great).

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    so what you are saying is that tribes 2 did not last because its rich single player game was let down by a poor multiplayer element?

No, that is not what I meant.

Tribes2 was never as popular as Half-Life (or as popular as RtCW will be).
    This is because people bought Half-Life in huge numbers primarily to play the single player game, the multiplayer aspect came later and held people there.
    But (and this is the key), loads of people had Half-Life already and decided that they would like to squeeze more life out of it.
    I for one had Half-Life sitting on a shelf for over a year before I started playing it online.

Whilst people may have bought Tribes2 for the single player game (which got many a good review), it never took off in the same numbers that Half-Life did or that (in my opinion) RtCW will.

The hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Eamo, you are such an evil trolling bastárd :)

i feel so dirty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ooh yummy wolfenstein. good idea!

It's a brill game, and the multiplayer seems really good too (haven't gotten a chance to play it much though).
    It reminds me of Half Life in a strange way. Really good single player, but also good multiplayer. Mmmm. Put it to a vote.

Advertisement