Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Band "Speedman" ??

Options
  • 30-11-2001 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of this band called "Speedman" ??

A mate of mine was telling me loads about them in college today.
    Admittely I haven't been listening to Phantom that much is last few weeks but he said they are on now and again.

I just want to know are they any good, any reviews etc.-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

Have'nt heard the band but they've got great posters. Good photography involved. Love the photography yunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

www.cluas.com for a Speedman MP3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Ok if I was a Wall St. Fund Manager and I was thinking of investing in them, would they be tipped to go places??

[I just want to have a few independant opinions before I speak to m8 next:)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

A nice french fellow from a band called SKYJACK told me they are a bunch of very nice chaps. Now you cant beat a band that are nice chaps. The very fact they are'nt arses should be enough initiative to put a bit of money in and watch 'em grow. It's like a seed in fertile soil yunno. Nice guys in popular bands. It's a chemistry. Sorry I hav'nt heard 'em. Im from a band called Blotooth. Thats Blow-tooth like sweet-toooth, (shamless I know) Love to hear the guys but having trouble getting around to it. http://www.blotooth.com. \

P.S Hi Monkey. Thanks a million for the link by the way. Wish your deadly site a very fruitfull future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

Well what can I say but begin by saying we are a great band! ha ha.
    We're launching our debut single Lovelost at the Isaac Butt on Sunday night (December 9th) so come along and check us out. If you like ****cool indie/rock you are gonna like us (hopefully).

Please don't download the MP3s from the site listed above - they are old, naff and badly recorded.

Instead down load the single for free from http://stage.vitaminic.ie/speedman

Also visit the site: www.speedman.ie

rock and roll kiddies
    paul speedman

Oh yeah, and go and see Skyjack/Blotooth tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 playground

Playground Psychotic

Speedman are a Dublin based trio who have been playing around the scene for the last year or so I think. Our band supported them a couple of times and they were really good, kind of like Radiohead only a bit rockier and not as depressing - sorry, I know a lot of people think Radiohead are gods or something. There's just one guitarist, a guy, and two other guys on drums and bass. I think they're gigging in the Isaac Butt this weekend. Worth a look - the guitarist does interesting things with a load of effects pedals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Well lads you know why I started asking about y'all.....

Because Padraig Mullins is always talking about you. I downloaded the mp3 a few days ago...Thought it was alright actually. I'll keep an ear out on Phantom for you.

gluck

Advertisement