Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Wolfenstein Server

Options
  • 30-11-2001 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all

We would love to setup an Irish Wolfenstein server but at the moment we have two problems. 1. We need to get our hands on the software for a dedicated Linux Server. 2. We need some advice from those of you who have experience at running Quake3 servers.
    We have a powerful server and a fast pipe but would be very interested in any help you can give. I personally would love to get an Irish server running as soon as possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Will it be the demo server or full game? If not a demo server could we get one up until most people have the full game?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Yep ive got the linux file right here for u. If u need an admin, i offer my services.

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/wolf/linux/wolfmp-linux-1.0.b2.x86.run

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Taz that file is only 4.5mb so we're not sure how that will work, we checked there before we posted. We could run a demo server if people want np with some tweaking. But really we want to run the full version. So if anyone knows what the story is on the full dedicated Linux server we would love to hear it. At this point nearly all our expertise is with Half-Life servers which is why we asked for some general advice on Quake3 based servers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭joev

Gary,

drop us an email

I have the info and the software you need and can help you get it up n running.

joev.

• Advertisement
Advertisement