Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce and quake1

• 06-06-2000 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

what fps does any one get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

unless your using that lame fps cheat then you shouldnt be over 72.
    and you should get that constant in software and gl with your system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

steady 72fps, and if it wasnt that I'd be worried, because anything over a p2 with a 3dfx can do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

whats he "lame" fps hack?
    why is it lame?
    how does it werk?
    and where can i get it?
    is it illegal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im getting between 130-195 fps in Quake 1 with my geforce1 card but cant get it working with the GL version, only software mode (:

The only hack I want is where I can play at 72fps, and have a decent connection. Unfortunately, I seem to have to reduce it to 40 fps everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Gerry use qizmo or cheapos packet limiting. You can set cl_maxfps 72 and then .cpps 40 and your modem still only has to send the 40 packets, but you can watch it at 72 fps. Its definately worth useing
    Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i though u would need gl to take full advantage of the gforce gonzo...

thanks greg.

Advertisement