Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board

• 01-12-2001 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hall Of Fame board - Where the most memorable threads end up, read only, non writable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Good idea but, I think it would just encourage muppetry as all the most memorable posts are started by muppets, or have a muppet starring roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Baz_
    Good idea but, I think it would just encourage muppetry as all the most memorable posts are started by muppets, or have a muppet starring roll.
    Almost anything will encourage muppetry these days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

that also is a good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like a good idea imo :). If an admin gives the word, I'll start trawling (recent) past threads and putting up the best ones for ppl to vote on. If you want. I have nothing better to do in work anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

Very good idea, but i would cause more muppetry. Nearly everyone on the counter-strike boards are imature and a muppet except for the odd few. We don't want all the other boards turning like that. People would be posting topics left right and center to see could they get it in "the hall off fame"

Good idea, but it might not be needed.

- Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

id like to see that, and i dont think it would be a problem,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Wonder where that thread with you insulting every mod under the sun has gone eh White? That's make a good addition to the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this is actually a good idea
    we could include the one where bard and luc actually agreed on something! :eek:

Originally posted by richindub2
    Wonder where that thread with you insulting every mod under the sun has gone eh White? That's make a good addition to the forum.
    Maybe...
    Are any of those hundreds of posts you spam in the IR board to get your postcount up memorable? Since most people cant see the IR boards and all.

Originally posted by linkin
    Very good idea, but i would cause more muppetry. Nearly everyone on the counter-strike boards are imature and a muppet except for the odd few. We don't want all the other boards turning like that. People would be posting topics left right and center to see could they get it in "the hall off fame"

Good idea, but it might not be needed.

- Shane
    Why would they be doing that?
    Hall of Fame is where the most memorable threads go, not the most memorable posters, or the most muppety thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

/me sets mode +muppet Whitelancer

Originally posted by Renton
    /me sets mode +muppet Whitelancer
    /me sets mode +spam Renton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by WhiteLancer

Maybe...
    Are any of those hundreds of posts you spam in the IR board to get your postcount up memorable? Since most people cant see the IR boards and all.

You'd be surprised at how many people can see it, most of the tf community for one :E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

No offence, but this would be about as useful as the trolls board and as pointless as the bubbles board. (i.e. it is possibly one of the most ridiculous ideas i have ever heard)

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am...what about getting 'Post of the month' going properly first, with voting system or whatever, and take each months best post and compile emin there.

Just a thought.

Would it be the overall post of the month or could you have one for each forum?

Just an idea...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it is a read only board (if i read that corectly) and i have every confidence that the admins of it wil be able to distinguish the muppetry from the genuinely good messages

i say go for it and look forward to reading it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like this idea. put the 'jonsey lives here thread in there'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

It would be good for any new mebers to see the type os posts that the comunity considers good but all posts in there sould be locked so no spaming can take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by MiCr0
    this is actually a good idea
    we could include the one where bard and luc actually agreed on something! :eek:

Bwahahahaha.... what about the one where WWMan and I called each other "hunnybuggles" and "snugglecakes" ? ;)
    Originally posted by linkin
    Very good idea, but i would cause more muppetry.

Would you??? Shame on you :(

--

An interesting idea but, as has been suggested already, I think they should get the Post of the Month back on track again and actually award it once a month. (Maybe even make it post of the fortnight). The archive of the POTM's would then be your 'Hall of Fame'. Hooray !

Originally posted by Bard

An interesting idea but, as has been suggested already, I think they should get the Post of the Month back on track again and actually award it once a month. (Maybe even make it post of the fortnight). The archive of the POTM's would then be your 'Hall of Fame'. Hooray !
    Well why not link post of the month to the hall of fame board?
    And if Hallf Of Fame board had 2 or 3 active old members, they could go trawling through the boards to find those old memorable posts they remember

• Advertisement
Advertisement