Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tech support software

• 01-12-2001 3:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭

hi
    I am always around fixing other peoples computers. It would be a great help if I could decode some of the errors in winodws etc. I was wondering if there is any software available for free or cheap enough that i could use to help me solve some problems. Ideally it should be easy to use and easy to understand.

Any books or e-books that might help also.

Thanks for the help in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

if your so good then why dont you know em off by heart eh ? hmm ?

*jk*

sure the net will hold all u need on those error codes, either that or im sure windows documentation has them ?

as for software ? dunno, help files maybe ?

im dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

originally posted by GSim dumb

ye sure are, but thats why you are tolerated

anyways go to download.com and search for diagnostic tools. There appears to be a couple of programs there that might help, dl em and test em, see if they do what you want.

Another idea would be to do what GS suggested and search for the error codes online, then wheneve you get a solution, add it to a DB. Your own personal expert system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by tomo
    By the way Gone Shootin your a muppet.

BTW tomo so are you, he was being helpful the GS way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Microsoft Knowledgebase is a very good resource for Microsoft product problems. The trouble with software is that it needs updating every week with all the bugs that are out there so a website is a better way of keeping uptodate.

By the way Gone Shootin your a muppet.

no, i said
    im dumb

not that i was a muppet, sheesh cant you read ?

see only people like Baz_ understand me, when I hit 4AM I become this Fast Newbie trying for Post Count Status

Why am I a muppet tomo ? I would like to hear your reasons so that I could ignore them and continue along my merry way :D
    When i was working in Iomega most of the time

so you only worked when you felt like it ? Poor Iomega

*jk*

*jk* the international symbol for piece and harmony through insult or sarcasm in a fun fun silly willy way. Not to be taken at all seriously.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Knock it off lads, this isn't answering kevin's question.

*sniif*

tomo started it

Advertisement