Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apocalypse Now Redux

• 01-12-2001 1:09pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Went to see it last night at the IFC.
    Highly recommended, this update makes the classic even better.
    In particular I thought the French colonial sequence added a lot to the film, and gave a good insight into the surreal conflict that was Indochina.

Some may be put off by the almost 4 hour running time, don't be, it does not seem like half that.

Epic.
    Go see it.

P.S. I am going to have my DVD player "chipped", just so that I can get my hands on the region 1 copy immediately.

P.P.S. It was great to see the "Ride of the Valkyries" sequence on the big screen, I was mesmerised !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another DVD to add to my wanted list.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Haven't seen the Original yet, but will see Redux this week methinks.

/em hums some Wagner.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

P.P.S. It was great to see the "Ride of the Valkyries" sequence on the big screen, I was mesmerised !

bastid! not one bloody cinema got it in anywhere near me. I was hoping for a more standerd release. oh well, the DVD has reserved a spot on the shelf.

anyone know if theres a Redux Special Ed. DVD planed? It seems to be the norm these days to release the "Interactive menu //
    Scene access // and feck all else" edition a couple of months b4 hand (as is out now on R1)...

Saw it tonight. Excellent. Really really good. Big screen is the place for it. What a fine cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Its in the Kino here ,must go see it If only to see it on a proper big screen , and I still have a week left on my Registration thingie.. god is good :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Goodshape
    anyone know if theres a Redux Special Ed. DVD planed? It seems to be the norm these days to release the "Interactive menu //
    Scene access // and feck all else" edition a couple of months b4 hand (as is out now on R1)...

I have mine ordered, it's the region 1 version, so give it 3 or 4 months and it should turn up here (region 2 version) !
    Ordered for £16.99 sterling (includes shipping) from
    www.play247.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I can't afford to go up to dublin yet.
    No sign of it being released in the Galway 11screen omniplex - though it bloody well should....feckin IFC....

Saw the DVD edition a while back. Class, even in software mode.

We might be getting a nice flatscreen 28"/32" wideass TV + DVDF player. Might buy a DVD for that....instead of DiVXing everything I rent....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by Samson
    I have mine ordered, it's the region 1 version

...yea, its a pretty empty disc though. apart from the 49 extra minutes there are no extras what-so-ever. I may hold out untill they decide to bundle the documentry with it.

play247.com is a great site! compleat simpsons season one for £17.99 or somat. compared to about £35 in the shops :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I really really ned a credit card........

www.dvdboxoffice.com have it too for a good enough price.

The scenes in this film were so real. Nothing looked fake unlike even the best sfx nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Keep well away from DVDBoxoffice they really really suck for Customer Server and Delivery times.

A Much better company is http://www.absound.ca

Gandalf.

Advertisement