Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Intel chips

Options
  • 01-12-2001 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Quiet simply How can ya unlock the Intel made chips, i know about the amd's but am curious as to how to do it on the intels?

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AFAik you can't unlock intel chips.
    Some early Celerons had no locks at all, o\cing potential depended on how stable you could keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Pooh :( ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

well Ronan, I have yet to try this myself because I'm kinda busy trying to mod a case atm, hopefully complete for the new year ;)

If you wish to raise some voltage then you may perform the wire-trick. thx to gerry for the link :D gl with it, lemme know how it goes pls as I'm definitely going to try it out when I get a chance.

gwan the tweaks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

It is almost impossible to unlock an intel chip, the multiplier is set by blowing fuses on the chip, so it is fairly set in stone. Some people claim to have unlocked celerons, however with very little evidence. They apparently resoldered some capacitors on the underside of the chip, and changed the multiplier, but I'm very doubtful about it.

For more info, look here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=97953

Advertisement