Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Dont Feed the Gondalas coming back?

• 02-12-2001 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Will DFTG be back or is it another victim of RTEs lets **** up Irish tv even better campaign?Bull Island wasnt great but its hardly the point.Theyre getting rid of the Jason Byrne show after Christmas-maybe the Gondalas will be taking the slot?I hope so.
    P.S-I heard a report in the Herald it wasnt coming back but im not sure if its true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I hope not. The past two years of it have been really bad. Bye Jason you are an unfunny annoying ****. You'll not be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I dont know why you want dftg back, although it used to be brilliant, it was complete and utter ärse when moncrief left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I would like to get DFTG on video cassette. At least then I could record something good over it instead of paying my licence fee to those twee and cosy twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

It has been in decline for the past few years now.It started about 2 years back when they got rid of classics like "State of the Nation".The anwsers choices on some of them would have you sick laughing.Whered classics like"My sister shagged Marty Whelan"go?Huge mistake scrapping that.Still hope itll be back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I agree with what's been said so far. DFTG used to be funny, but then it got really really bad and I stopped watching, for me it was around the time they ditched the points and a load of the features completely, Moncrief leaving was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Oh and the Jason Byrne show isn't funny, it deserves to go. He's a good stand-up both live and whenever I see him on television, but the show stinks like a wet dog.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Good ridance to it and Jason Byrne show. RTE should take the tapes they have of those two shows, encase them in concrete and dump them in the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the first series was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

/nods in agreement.....

DFTG was good for the first season, then it was just that fat bastid desperatly trying to be funny.
    And that absolutly retarded american that did a rap at the end of the show.

Did someone say that Jason is gone aswell?
    Thank god, hes a contender for retard of the year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If they reverted to the original format w/ Sean Moncrief as question master and Dara O'Brien & Brendan O'Connor as captains.It was untouchable for the firts 2 seasons but after that its was forgettable:rolleyes: That Kevin McAleer bloke evoked feelings of anger & resentment to high levels in me:mad:

I'd like to see something similar back on RTE, along the lines of "Have I got News for you" but knowing current RTE budgetry contrants thats a bit of a non-runner

Advertisement