Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Question

• 03-07-2000 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Just wondering , I have 2 Labtec speakers. Is it normal for their performance to deplete the longer my PC is on? They have a 3d surround sound option with bass , treble , the usual stuff you know. There is also this big dowhopper here called a 'sub-woofer' system. I was wondering if you could explain how the ****ers get so weak and break up so much all the time. Are Labtec crap? Especially when I run a game , the speakers deplete a lot. I have a powerful rig here so i am stumped as to why this might happen confused.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

are they right beside or near the rear of your monitor? sometimes the speakers/monitor shielding may be a bit dodgy and interference occurs.. happened with my old speakers.
    also check that the wires from pc to subwoofer and sub to speakers dont go by any power transformers stickin out sockets or what have ya.. with dodgy leads that might cos a lot of problems.
    i cant really comment on the quality of labtec speakers.. but try different wiring and/or without the subwoofer and try and pin down what the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i use to have a set of them in work. they were fine. not sure wat the problem is there, but no, the quality should not go down the longer your system is on.
    if you have the time, try the speakers out on your stereo for a day and see if it happens there. that way you will find out if it is the speakers. if they stay the same then you are down to a)your placing of speakers as kali says, b) your soundcard. does it get hot? can you hook up to your stereo and see if they distort at the same stage as your speakers do? or c)what is the sound coming from? m3s, games, cds. does it happen with all or just during games? if it happens during games and mp3s and not cds then you could be in trouble. i know my soundcard in work is a bit dod*** as i can only get mono for cds, but mps3 and games are fine stereo. these boston accoustic speakers are the bees knees.
    hope this helps a bit.
    just tr to knock out things it may be and what your left with is the problem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nickb

Try some other speakers or headphones from the same audio jake on the s/card.
    Make sure yer not near any radiators the heat can mess up the speaker cones.

Advertisement