Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baldurs gate... oh the shame

Options
  • 03-12-2001 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hey d00dz

i started playing bg for the first time last week(and i call my self a RPer) and i have a problem.

you see at the start there was... some... umm... unpleasantries. basically i ran amok with my sword and now folk dont really take to me too well:) my reputation is 12 and i've done some good deeds and crap but there are some folk who just refuse to forgive my unprovoked theft and slaughter of townsfolk and guards. now officer Vai and Bjorin and a few guards attack me in the jovial juggler in beregost anf nashkel there are three guards who attack me in the street, while a few other leave me alone and just walk past while they're friends attempt to kick my @$$.

do any of you guys know how i can get these guys to stop trying to kill me. i would like to talk to them but its hard with the hacking and the slashing.

cheers

jaz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Hmmm, haven't played it in a while but I do remember being stuck in a situation like yours.

Afaik, I used the Nymph's cloak and some charm spells to get them back to their senses. You can talk to them then, but you just have the press the 'Talk' button in the bar at the bottom rather than just clicking them, as they'll eb considered allies (green)

You can get your reputation up quick if you do alot of the side quests, or if you've got alot of Gold to spare, donate a bit to the temples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

donating money in the churches gets you reputation points. theres a table in the bg booklet that u get with the game on how much u have to donate , it varys with each level of reputation.

also, try talk to as many people(npcs) as possible, as many of the quests they have to offer give reputation points.

another thing is that there is a stage in the game when all the guards are after you no matter what reputation you have, its just part of the storyline, but it doesnt sound like you are that far yet.

good luck with the rest of the game, its a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

gah, beaten to it :)

what he said.

Advertisement