Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 (PS2)

Options
  • 03-12-2001 2:28pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, I finally got a game of it - it's class!

Stringing combos together is so easy - 10 or 15 moves are a minimum of fuss in a combo - grinding along ledges - bouncing from one to another with little flip tricks in between - EASY MONEY!!!

People dotted around the levels make for some interesting times - in the first level you've got to help 4 guys move some switches, so you grond along the switches and sorted! Interaction with people is fun, but it can be really annoying when they get in your way and they knock you over as you're in the middle of a big combo, but I guess you can jump over them (and throw in a trick) so that's OK.

What's new? Well, there's an indicator of your balance when you're grinding and when you're doing a lip stunt as well as manuals (like THPS2). This is a welcome feature cause it was sometimes difficult to judge when you were in trouble when the camera angle went screwy. Some new skaters and the maps are quite new! They're much bigger and badder and there's potential for all sorts of shenanigans ;)

I really wish the PC version would appear soon... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

is bam magera in it? hes in the new TH video.

jaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

pc version>?

no! console games are just that, console games, and should be enjoyed on a console

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The PC versions weren't bad - certainly not as good as the console versions, but pretty damn good for console ports :)

I just hope they haven't changed too much tbh, I loved THPS2 and when I first heard there was going to be populated levels, I groaned. Still, Kharn gives me hope... :)

P.S. I seen Bam Magera's special move and its reeaaaaaaally lame. Please curl up and die.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It is at last a f**king decent game on the ps2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Its like buses. You wait ages for one and then a whole load come at once :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement