Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networks

• 30-06-2000 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

i'm settin up user friendly file access system @ work on the servers start menu.
    But what i need to know is can I access The sservers start menu from the pcs that are hooked up to it?
    Please Help

DUSK IS UNVEILED AND THE TRINITY, COMPLETE. LIKE A CERBEROS WHOSE COMING RUPTURES THE HYMEN OF NIGHT IT RISES, BEGRIMED & BLACK FREED TO HUNT TENDER PREY AND, WHEN THE WAITING LIGHT HAS FLED IN HORROR BEFORE US AND OUR DESIRE IS UPON THEE, WELCOME SLAVERY WELL. secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

wtf is SDS?
    and why do you feel the need to hide your name in between it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Eh tfc clan
    i'm a hl guy
    Can someone help please?????

DUSK IS UNVEILED AND THE TRINITY, COMPLETE. LIKE A CERBEROS WHOSE COMING RUPTURES THE HYMEN OF NIGHT IT RISES, BEGRIMED & BLACK FREED TO HUNT TENDER PREY AND, WHEN THE WAITING LIGHT HAS FLED IN HORROR BEFORE US AND OUR DESIRE IS UPON THEE, WELCOME SLAVERY WELL. secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

My good god...

someone close the barn door, QUICK!

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

"But what i need to know is can I access The sservers start menu from the pcs that are hooked up to it?"

if u mean can u take control of the start menu via remote, then something like pcanywhere or vnc, which is my fav, is what u want..

thats if i read ur totally confusing q at all!!!!...

Ro

woohoo
    Ta very much now where can i get that ronin???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

You can access the contents of the servers start menu from your PC by mapping a network drive to the start menu folder on the server. "Net use z:\\servername\winnt\profiles\administrator\start menu" for example. This is assuming you administrative privilages for the server.
    If you want to remotely run .exes from the server on your PC, forget it. YOU ARE NOT A THIN CLIENT.
    VNC is the best remote control app and it's free.
    How to get it ? Do a search for vnc ya lazy get and follow the links. It'll be good practise for you. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

yeah vnc is the way to go, if i get my cable modem installed tonight, should be arriven at our apartment around 12:30 then i'll log into netsoc cause i'm stuck behind a firewall here, and stick up the link.

or just go looking for it smile.gif>.vnc rules i use it to remote my desktop when watchin dvd's in bed smile.gif..

its crossplatform as well..

Ro.

Thanks for the help but 1 more thing when i try connect to the server it says cant connect. Does anyone know whay might be wrong?
    How can i get vnc to work????
    I don't have to put it on the server do i ??

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

hmm are u serious ?
    sorry.. u obviously are.

ok right, what u gotta do is install the vnc server, on the actualy server machine.
    it sits there on the server running away, and when you connect using vncviewer, it kicks in and starts sending all the screen/keyboard/muouse data to you.

have a look at the vnc docs.
    search for vnc on yahoo.. i think it's the first liknk that pops up. read the site stuff... !

Gav

And Vnc dosen't work for that
    frown.gif

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

ok, tell us exactly what it is that are trying to do ok ?

if ur trying to demonstrate omething or somat like that.. then record a video of it..
    if it's it is somat else completely, tell us.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

Canaboid's suggestion is the best - make a unc connection to the file system on the computer you want to change, then find your way into the start menu folder and make your changes. That VNC sounds like overkill for this particular task seeing as it needs to be installed on each machine you want to connect to.

Thank u very much but is there anyway i can have more then 2 users looking @ the same thing
    ??????????

[This message has been edited by [SdS]Gandalf[SdS] (edited 03-07-2000).]

cannaboids suggestion worked
    Ta cannaboid
    rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Np

Advertisement