Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Capture cards??

Options
  • 03-12-2001 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

hi all
    I'm tring to find out as much as I can about analog/digital capture cards for a frined of mine.

Does anybody have any recomendations on analog cards, I need the card to be as good as possibly under the £300 if possible. Should be capable of DV/DV8/S-Vhs/composite at 640x480 at least for analog.

Also anybody have any thing to say good/bad about the Creative Audigy Platinum soundcard, it seems very good value for what you get, this is the soundcard they are thinking of getting to work in the same system.

cheers
    Milk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The audigy is excellent, and it has a Firewire connector for your DV work too (broadens your choices on the capture card at least). The only problem I had was the dreaded Win2k/VIA chipset distortion issues (Which I didn't have with an SBLive in the same system), sorted it by reinstalling Win2k minus ACPI. It's the first creative card to have support for Unlimited Soundfont size, so if you were planning on using Midi at all to integrate with your video work it will allow you to use some of those huge high quality GM sets out there (the best I've loaded up is 'Personal Copy' 49mb, sounds fantastic).

As for the vid capture the only experience I've had with it is the ATI 128 All in Wonder which was very good - but it's more of a home-card so I don't know how it stacks up to more professional gear (or indeed what level of quality you need....it'd be grand for home use).

Advertisement