Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best show on Phantom????

Options
  • 03-12-2001 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

:confused:

Just what is everyone's favourite Phantom show?
    I would have to say that my personal favourite show is............
    .........................The Two Petes Talk Rubbish on Sundays..........its full of rubbish, and full of people called Pete.........and they gave me the advice of the centuary/century. Using their vast knowledge and problem-solving skills, they convinced me to stay in school.........thanks to Pete (in particular Pete Reed) I now have a refreshingly enthuasiastic approach to school........

Its also a great show to listen to when you forget what fizzy cola bottles and Walkers crisps taste like and sound like.........

but thats just my opinion.........What is your favourite show and WHY?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

it has to be Pearl's show on sunday. why? because chances are she'll actually play what i would like to hear and even if i don't ring in, she always plays amazing songs. also, since i can't get XFM anymore, it's the closest i've got to listening to alternative music on the radio nowadays. oh, and she starts just when i get in to work and open up the shop, so that's nice. when i've done all that i just sit down with a coffee and a cigarette and enjoy. ahem. anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The two Pete's wins hands down, cos they make me laugh my proverbial pants off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The Graemo show. He plays a nice mix of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Mmmmm I really like the brekky show, Steve Conway is great , seems though a lot of girlies text him in saying stuff like

"Im going to school, and I'm on the bus, and the man beside me smells of pee, please play the Pixies or I'll die and no one will notice blah blah blah" stuff like that kinda irritates me just a bit......I don't wish to be a moany hole though, over all the text girlies are great and Conway is tops... in the immortal words of Richie "he's a legend"

but my favorite really is ICON though I haven't tuned in for sometime, Paul Clarke is super, the show is absolutley vital to anyone who wants to know a bit more about irish music, attitudes to music, and in general more about the scene...... how many radio programmes can you listen too that you will actually learn from without being bored to death or stuck in a hospital waiting room??

Thats my tupence - T

PS No offence intended to anyone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Gotta say Steve Conway in the morning is my fave - I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a legend! Running second would be Jack Hyland's Heavy Traffic - a perfect combination of the music stuff and the funny haha stuff. Damn fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Yes the Two Petes is the crowing glory of Phantom along with Micko, Graham and and.......hell well nearly all the Phantom clan.........except..........well maybe i'll keep that to myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

it has to be sean's show on friday nights cuz me and my friends asked him to marry us and he texted us back saying 'mmm, three wives, what would i do with you all?' also he plays our many requests.

but debate of the century rocks cuz they told me to dye my hair red and rebelled and dyed it blue instead

from the would-be purificators of the music industry
    the coffin girls

(ashe-moon, whisper, willow and shadow)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

And don't forget...

Debate of the century can be heard every Sunday nite on the Two Pete's Talk Rubbish.

Two Pete's webpage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

Hey I have to go with Ray's Heavy Metal show, only show on Irish radio to consistantly play Hard Rock music and plenty of it.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Mens world and jack hyland are probably the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Pearl on Sunday mornings.

She rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Circe

Amber on a Friday night (11-1) is the best. And Alison and the Two Petes (particularly debate of the century!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JackDaniels

personally i'm a big fan of jack hyland and men's world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobzee

Pearl on Sunday morning does it for me......she plays great music all the time, and usually plays my requests too...

Bob Zee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Pearl wins, that voice is something else. And she plays some great songs, and if you ring for a request, she'll actually play it, unlike the two Petes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Ooh SporstonGreen! Don't be such a grumpy guts. Sorry we don't get to play everyones request on Sunday nights. Simple division is the problem. Last Sunday for instance, between 10pm and 12.30am, there were well over 200 text requests. In that time, you might get to play 35 records. See the problem? But sorry again, mail the studio next Sunday and I promise to prioritise your request.

I totally agree about Pearls show too. Class stuff and really does make Sunday mornings.

Regards,

Pete Reed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Vladimar

MensWorld Rocks.....

....It just does.

You bent my wookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I do like ur show, and you have in the past played songs for me, and I did hear how busy you were last Sunday. So I take it back, bad day at work yesterday.

Advertisement