Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Independent Newspapers

• 03-12-2001 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Why are they so arrogant?
    Week in, week out, the Sunday Independent attacks either the Examiner, the Irish Times or the Sunday Business Post. The S.I and Irish Independent can hardly be called broadsheets anymore, their content has gone so tabloid- like. Are they trying to shoot themselves in the foot? The current finiancial difficulties of the Irish Times have led to even more attacks on the I.T.
    Why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Because the The inedependent is a piece of ****e! Its not like a tabloid it is a tabloid imho! that is all for the moment as i have a meeting!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I would have said the same when I was in Ireland..... but since I came over here I have started to read the Independent online. It seems to be easier to navigate through.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

the irish independent is not a paper of my choice. out of all irish broadsheets i would buy the irish times, but its one of the most difficult papers to control on the bus or dart. it folds incorrectly, it falls out of place and you need some really huge arms to control it. other then that, try getting some other papers from UK if youre not happy with the irish equivalent.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You dont want to do that...... they UK papers are ****e. Go read the sun ;)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by adnans
    i would buy the irish times, but its one of the most difficult papers to control on the bus or dart.

Damn straight :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Do they think their dominant market position gives them a licence to slag other newspapers off?
    I want to read the news and sport, not read columns on why the Irish Times is really stupid and why some ugly guy who gets their ads has no girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by klong
    The S.I and Irish Independent can hardly be called broadsheets anymore

Anymore?:)

the only half decent thing about the indo is the back page, i thought everyone knew that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Independent Newspapers ...

Army Intelligence ..

Friendly Fire ...

Oxymorons all.

The Sindo is too biased altogether. Non stop brown-nosing of Sir Tony and his kids as well.

Advertisement