Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Task Scheduler

Options
  • 04-12-2001 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I wish to write some code in VB to schedule tasks using the Windows 2000 Scheduler.

Can Anybody point me in the write direction to any documentation etc that may help me with this task.

I will be working in a clustered environment using Request Based load balancing. What type of an affect will this have say if I have to change the date of a task due to some other date changing in my App.

Thanks for the help in advance

Brendan Woods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Have you tried prehaps looking at the AT command?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

theres an at command in 2000??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by Baz_
    theres an at command in 2000??

Yip, just checked my W2K laptop here - AT is there in all it's glory.

TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The Task SCheduler, which AFAIK is actually seperate to the AT command, is externally programmable.

However, a quick web-search only revealed one useful hit for me : here

Unfortunately, this is a piece of payware, but at least you get to test it out first.

If you're developing for a company who will spring for the £80 stg, this may be the easiest solution for you.

Some more determined google-searching may turn up some freeware or sample code for the same task.

The other option is to find out the API or COM interfaces supported by the scheduler and go from there.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macarthy

• Advertisement
Advertisement