Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is/was your fav ship in any sci/fi film or series?

Options
  • 04-12-2001 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I really like the Romulan Warbird, Defiant, and the Enterprise E. I suppose my fav is the Warbird its just so cool :) :cool:
    warbird.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hmmm.. a pole would be handy, so I could remember some nice ships.

....a suppose the melenium falcon was sh!t cool, but I'd have to say the best was the S.S. Heart of Gold from H2G2... infinite imporbability drive... hoowhoow baby! :cool: :D

http://www.boards.ie/members/goodshape/heartofgold.jpg

as for star trek; the enterprise e was the best 'main' ship. always liked the Klingon Battle Cruser though, which ever one was in Star Trek VI... with the huge cannon on the front.

http://www.boards.ie/members/goodshape/bop2.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Those Goa'uld hataks in Stargate are just so damn cool, and big ;)

rar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ah, I remember fondly those motherships in V, with the big butcher shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Have to agree V is a personal favorate - cheesy but a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

From Startrek I loved the Klingon ships .. sooo predatory looking. My fav HAD to be the new Klingon ships .. "Negh'Var" class I think?? Those absolute monsters that made their entrance in DS9 ep.4.1 during the attack of DS9 by the Klingons.
    I also liked the Romulan WarBird, the Defiant and Enterprise E

I also liked the "U.S.S Sullaco" and the Dropship in Aliens. They just looked like military ships!

I also liked the Hammerhead fighters and the big carrier ships in "Space: Above & Beyond"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My favourite style of ship would a Ranger Whitestar from B5, with a close second a Klingon Bird of Prey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You can find most of the Startrek Ships here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Agamemnon

Originally posted by Snaga
    Agamemnon
    What! those big chunky B5 ships! no way man too, how should I put it ammmmmm ! 'chunky' :D

Yea, the Negh'Var was pretty cool. It made its first appearance in TNG: All Good Things, altho it was slightly different to the one that was introduced in DS9.

The Entreprise E would still be my favourite ship from Star Trek though. The Defiant is pretty nifty too

• Advertisement

The ships in DS9 were vor'cha class 'attack cruisers', and if I remember correctly the ships in All good things were Negh'var class 'strike cruisers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Gotta say there are two ships that stand out for me, for different reasons...

In ALIENS, the dropships really kicked ass. Serious 'dont **** with me' design, particularly the transition from space to atmospheric changes. Massive firepower, cargo/personnel capability and great interiors. Gotta love all that metal :)

However, for sheer asthetic qualities, and 'trim' lines I'd have to go for the ship featured in the animation 'Final Fantasy'. The lead (female) character has a seriously capable ship with great features.

Hmm.. come to think of it.. I could go on and on with different ships from different shows, for different reasons. Best I shutup now then instead :D

c0y0te

Originally posted by azezil
    The ships in DS9 were vor'cha class 'attack cruisers', and if I remember correctly the ships in All good things were Negh'var class 'strike cruisers'

Uh, there were a load of Klingon ships in DS9, including the Negh'Var (first featured in DS9 in the Way of the Warrior).

hmmm aparently you were right... found a cool pic mission-klingon2.jpg features a Vor'cha and Negh'Var class ships :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its amazing really howsize difference the of Ent D and Warbird was not made clear all the time

but this version of the Enterprise D will always be my fav. If anyone can find a shot of the cannon as it rips thru the klingon hull id greatly appreciate it....

I tried to find the image you were talkin about Gone Shootin but couldn't :( I remember it well, great shot!

but i did find these:
    weapon1.jpg
    othership1.jpg
    which are pritty cool and this site has some cool pic's, spec's n other stuff :) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was 5 yeas old.
    sitting in a huge old cinema in australia.
    the screen seemed to take up about 2000 feet of viewing space in front of me.
    the credits roled.
    a small rebel ship passed in front of me, guns blazing. being chased.

the cinema started to physically rumble as a larger ship came into sight returning fire. the larger ship was a star destroyer. it passed.

and passed.......

and passed.......

and passed.......

and then it passed some more.

it was huge, it fired many guns. it made my seat into a big rumble pack and my ears bleed.
    and it looked like a big triangle.
    but it was cool.

apart from that id want an x-wing.
    the one seater convertable of the galaxy :)

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    i was 5 yeas old.
    sitting in a huge old cinema in australia.
    the screen seemed to take up about 2000 feet of viewing space in front of me.
    the credits roled.
    a small rebel ship passed in front of me, guns blazing. being chased.

the cinema started to physically rumble as a larger ship came into sight returning fire. the larger ship was a star destroyer. it passed.

and passed.......

and passed.......

and passed.......

and then it passed some more.

it was huge, it fired many guns. it made my seat into a big rumble pack and my ears bleed.
    and it looked like a big triangle.
    but it was cool.

apart from that id want an x-wing.
    the one seater convertable of the galaxy :)

*lol* I wasn't even born when StarWars ep.4 was released (1976 I think - I was 3 years later .. just in time for "Alien"). But I went to see the special edition version when it was released in the cinema a few years ago. Picture this ....

the Savoy (screen 1 :D), half-empty lunchtime showing, large bucket of popcorn sitting on seat arm beside me ... and it starts!!

The bucket was shaking as the star destroyer passed over head. 15 mins later .. still shaking as the damn things passes over the screen!!! :D
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I like the Defiant (pulsed phaser cannons, quantum torpedoes, ridiculous power-to-weight and firepower-to-weight ratios,etc.). After that, the modified Enterprise D from the TNG episode "All Good Things" (nice choice Gone Shootin), and possibly, from a conceptual standpoint rather than an implementation standpoint, the Prometheus from the Voyager episode "Message In a Bottle" (mmm, multi-vector assault mode :D). The modified Delta Flyer II with the enhanced "fold out" extra impulse engines (from the Voyager episode "Drive") should also get a look in.

Moving outside the Star Trek side of things, probably the other ships I'd go for would be, er, the PeaceKeeper Prowlers from Farscape, and, oh, okay, the B5 White Stars.

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

perfect

thanks mr community moderator

• Advertisement

NP :) I'm still lookin for the shot where it rips tru the Klingons hull, now that was nice :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The Super Star Destroyer from Return of the Jedi - highlight of an otherwise weak movie.

Other than that... None of the Star Trek ships have ever been particularly interesting, although I quite like the new Enterprise in, er, Enterprise. What are we designating that one? The Enterprise A-minus-1 ?

The White Stars in Babylon 5 rocked quite a lot, but you do kinda have to hand it to the Excalibur from Crusade - that is a MOTHER of a ship.

Stargate doesn't use ships much, but when it does... Both the Asgard and the Goa'uld have bloody impressive ships at their disposal. Gotta love the Goa'uld Pyramid ships (kaids probably knows the proper name)...

Originally posted by Shinji
    The Super Star Destroyer from Return of the Jedi - highlight of an otherwise weak movie.

Other than that... None of the Star Trek ships have ever been particularly interesting, although I quite like the new Enterprise in, er, Enterprise. What are we designating that one? The Enterprise A-minus-1 ?

The White Stars in Babylon 5 rocked quite a lot, but you do kinda have to hand it to the Excalibur from Crusade - that is a MOTHER of a ship.

Stargate doesn't use ships much, but when it does... Both the Asgard and the Goa'uld have bloody impressive ships at their disposal. Gotta love the Goa'uld Pyramid ships (kaids probably knows the proper name)...

Oops, nearly forgot about the good ol SSD, pity we didn't see much of it though :(

I think we can call the new (old :P) Enterprise the "Enterprise NX-01", great name innit ? :o

Hataks rob, hataks (forgive spelling). The sheer size of those babies (and the even larger Asguard ships) is what makes them so cool imo, especially in scenes when they are landed on a planet or entering/leaving the atmosphere. A lot more fearsome looking than most sci-fi series ships i can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Fs, I'm too lazy to read everyones post..but has anyone mentioned any Star Wars ships?

X-Wings all the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm a bit of a voyager man meself, simply because it's the latest stuff.

3 ships from that:

The experimental USS Prometheus:
    http://home.t-online.de/home/ulrichisluke/PromSchema2.gif

The slipstream (but not real hmmm) USS Dauntless:
    http://www.startrek.com/content/PHOTO/voy/194pic02.jpg (terrible pic)

But nothing beats the Delta Flyer, it rocks:
    http://www.bravofleet.net/avalon/runabout-deltaflyer.htm

Some people are really sad, just look at the sites I got above :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Corsair ship from Battle Beyond the stars, you can't beat a moose with lasers for antlers and a cleavage.

Otherwise B5's Minbari Cruiser and Whitestar, followed up by the "O'neal" Asgard ship from Stargate SG-1.

Originally posted by _CreeD_
    The Corsair ship from Battle Beyond the stars, you can't beat a moose with lasers for antlers and a cleavage.

Otherwise B5's Minbari Cruiser and Whitestar, followed up by the "O'neal" Asgard ship from Stargate SG-1.
    O'Neill, two ls! There's another Colonel O'Neil....
    :D

Actually .. there's a ship in the opening FMV sequence for Quake2 ion the PC .. that is one motherf*cker of a ship!!!

Also .. who here remembers the SDF-1 battle fortress from "Robotech: the macross saga"?? That rocked too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The SDF-1 in Macross did indeed rock. 'Course, if we get to include anime in this, I have to vote for the Swordbreaker (from Lost Universe) and the Nadesico (from, er, Nadesico)... And, of course, the Outlaw Star. Which rocks. And has a sarcastic ships computer. Top stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Has nobody mentioned a Borg cube?

Advertisement