Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is/was your fav ship in any sci/fi film or series?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

even better than the heart of gold in The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy is

The good ship "Bistromath".

i mean, come on, how many ships operate on the principal of mathmatics within a restaurant??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Apophis' main ship that he got/built in Season 4 of Stargate was one of the best imho. Destroyed Heru'ur's crappy ha'tak with a single shot (or 2). Pity the replicators got it. :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah that was a cool ship, a bit stupidly large though i thought, it was something like 20 times the size of the great pyramid.

Then again, the SSD in Return of the Jedi was over eight kilometres long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I have to say the TIE fighter is my favourite ship, or the TIE Bomber

curve.jpg

nyom

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I never really liked any of those imperial ships, they look like two pieces of cardboard stuck onto a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

the "O Neill" Asguard prototype ship from Stargate was too cool to be a ship really, loved it though.

From Star Trek, maybe the new prototype ship "Prometheus" that can split in two from Voyager, when the Doctor travels along a network of sattellites and helps take it back from hostiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

klingon Bird of prey it be teh sit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

U.S.S. Saratoga
    Hybrid Earth Destroyers
    Romulan Scout
    Marauder Corvette(pity it was never in a SW film or series :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Does anyone here think Enterprise E is a bit.. umm not quite right looking? I think its the very long warp Nacelles.. (that how you spell it?) especially in first contact when they look at enterprise through a telescope it was just crap looking... Enterprise D was better i thought and yes the one in All good things was very cool indeed...

my fave ship would be Defiant though... BUT remember that real big ship in startrek.. the one that was not really there but was a hell of a lot bigger than Enterprise... it was guarding a planet i cant think of the name of the episode... that looked pretty cool too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

what about the Naboo ship in phantom menace.. i thought it looked cool, all shiny.. do i sound like a magpie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

What about the ship from the 100th episode of Stargate sg1

with the rotating axis thingy phooar!!!

I forget (don't think it was given) the name of the race it belonged to.

love the quote in that ep in the end "This isn't a real tv show" :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the mothership in close encountersof the third kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The Enterprise E was a new generation of ship which, like Voyager, was probably designed to keep subspace disruption to a minimum by having more control over the warp field, something the D couldn't do, thus limited to warp 6 unless in emergencies. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by bkehoe
    The Enterprise E was a new generation of ship which, like Voyager, was probably designed to keep subspace disruption to a minimum by having more control over the warp field, something the D couldn't do, thus limited to warp 6 unless in emergencies. ;)

Indeed. Nicked this from the "Daystrom Institute Technical Library" website:
    The warp engines of the Sovereign are of a new design which eliminates subspace distortion effects inherent to standard warp drives, a feature now becoming common on most Starfleet ships. The Sovereign class is currently the fastest vessel in Starfleet, with a maximum cruise speed of Warp 9.9 and a top speed of Warp 9.99 for up to twenty four hours. The very high cruise speed is intended to allow the ship to deploy as rapidly as possible to potential trouble spots. Her Impulse drive system is the most sophisticated model in production, giving the Sovereign class a manoeuvrability equal to that of a vessel one quarter its size.

For what it's worth...
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

MMMMMMM 9.99 eh!

Down to Tesco to buy pringles and Coke 2 seconds before I thought I was hungry MMM ;)

Advertisement