Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound cards

• 04-07-2000 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I wish to purchase a sound card for a P200 and i stumbled upon a sound blaster live 1024 with 4 surround sound speakers and a ground vibration thing for £119.99
    Is this wort it?
    Can i get better?
    Can i getter cheaper better ones?

We all get a little crazy sometimes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Yeah thats about right, considering the cards themselves retail for around £70

you could also buy the card itself and plug it into your stereo smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the live is a good card. just be careful you install it ok, sometimes there are issues. but should be grand.there are 2 pci cards in the pack as far as i remember so make sure you have 2 free slots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

there is only one pci card but there is a second bit of a card which conntects to the first via a cable but requires a slot at the back of the machine so you could stick it in any bay be it isa or pci

c22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Yeah you could get the live ive got one great card never any issues and easy to install. If you want to take the **** speaker wise get a set of Altec Lansing 880D or 885D there unreal if cracked the ceiling at home from rocket launching all day in q3.
    Retail about £150

"Ouch my back hurts...and where are my fillings gone." smile.gif

Advertisement