Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ntl cable lines?

• 03-07-2000 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone heard anything about the new cable lines from ntl the company that took over cable link? All ive heard from them is that they could be out this month just too and look out for adds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

they've been laying cable on our road for the last few days smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

from the e-mail they gave me. once you cable has been upgraded you can get a cable modem installed. but they have not worked out a price for the modem or the ip so youl will be put on a list untill that have all the details worked out(thay said late October)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Guidez

Yea ive seen them laying the lines in town but ive heard that unless you have a new house with the cable layed inside that you wont be able to get one for a good few more months. frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Well there are no new houses anywhere near mine, but a few months doesn't bother me too much. Would be nice to have a hign bandwidth connect inside and out of college. But don't hold your breath

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

word in the isp's is that it'll be out next month..

as for new house cabling , nope they just hook u up rather easily, cut a little cable and hook u up.

we got our cable installed in out apartment there last friday..we've no cable tv nothing..just arrived hooked up the modem to my network card in my laptop via cat 5, hooked the cable modem up to the co ax above our door, down into where the cable is and just connected us up..

no hassles about 3 mins work, done ..

free for first month and free install,

i'm in chicago btw..

an the speed rocks..

most ppl in ireland won't bother with it, although if they do, they won't use it as much as any of the ppl woh really would use it like dlers or gamers..so no real to worry about bandwidth..

later..

Ro

• Advertisement
Advertisement