Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows media player

• 05-12-2001 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone that can help I turned on my PC to find that all the files I saved on media player were gone i can still find then by going via my music but that way i can only play one at a time i also cant even copy new cds using media player. I ran a virus scan and everything was fine. I contacted dell spent £8 on the call only to find out that they didnt give a crap because it was apparatly my fault can sombody please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Check to see where mplayer saved them, their obviously not gone if you can still get them 'via my music', I assume thats a feature of mplayer or something and if I remember correctly my music is located in the my documents folder on your desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep as azezil said, there should be a 'My Music' Folder in 'My Documents'. Another 'friendly'(read pointless) feature from MS. Take my advice and ignore WMP7.0. It sucks @ss. Big time. If you wanna play music, get winamp. For video playback I use WMP, but that's because I don't have an internet connection at home, all other times I use the Quicktime player. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I'd take seamus's advise. Like him I use WMP for video playback only and I use Musicmatch Jukebox for playing music.

It also rip's cd's very well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Do a search by right cllicking on 'My Computer'
    If your files were mp3's or whatever file type they may be.

In the files or folder field type *.mp3
    and in the look in field select c:\
    This should list all of these file types where ever
    they may be on your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

that happened me once, All my f**king mp3's vanished ! Just went to play em one day and nothing.. not a single song to be found anywhere on me drive.. weird one that.
    Im still us'n wmp though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Do a search for *.wma - thats the crap that MS makes with its media players. They are most likely in 96kbps n all which all in all sucks - get some mp3 ripping tools* like AudioCatalyst or Music Match Jukebox

*of course u own the cd you are ripping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

or RealJukebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    or RealJukebox

You have ten minutes to recant, or.. um.. or.. em, well I can't actually think of anything horrible enough at the moment, but lets leave it at that I won't stop at castrating you.

For mp3 ripping, nothing beats CDex. (its free)
    For mp3 playing, nothing beats Winamp. (its free)

Justin Frankel owns your pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Completely OT. On my brand new RH7 install I was delighted to find the xmms player, of which winamp seems to be clone :D:D

Advertisement