Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help......

• 05-12-2001 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

help my IE 6 and my windows defragmenter won't run right .......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tech support ppl go to counselors over this kind of thing.......Give us some info please!! Which OS 95/98/NT/2k/XP? What kind of problems? What error msgs do you get???! :) (cool sig btw you should do the whole week :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by seamus
    Tech support ppl go to counselors over this kind of thing.......Give us some info please!! Which OS 95/98/NT/2k/XP? What kind of problems? What error msgs do you get???! :) (cool sig btw you should do the whole week :))

gah... Win2k, no error messages, IE6 won't load pages and when i open 'My Computer' it freezes :/
    I think it's this crappy Iwill board

P.S couldn't find enuff smiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Sounds like explorer is a tad screwed... when did it start happening? If it's just when you upgraded to IE6 then it may have upgraded explorer.exe, as they're so closely linked, and given you a screwed up copy of it. If thats it then maybe you can undo the IE6 install? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ugh yeah. Sounds like a prob with your explorer.exe. As said above try uninstall IE6, but keep a bootup disk close by and if possible get your hands on a copy of IE5.5. The do the usual - scanreg, scandisk, winalign, sfc etc., just to keep it in good shape. Normally when I find probs in windows systems I just reinstall - it's normally quicker than trying to solve the problem(when you can't get net access or a lcal guru nearby) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

so i just need to reinstall IE 5.5 ehh?
    stoopid IE6 and microsoft

• Advertisement
Advertisement