Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xfree86 4.0

• 02-07-2000 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi,
    dwonlodaed latest version of x last nite .. compiled grand etc .. but when i try & launch it it complains about not being able to find libglide.so in /usr/lib
    im guessing du to the voodo 2 card in the machie that this is a glide driver f some discription, but since i dont have a linux cd at the mo anyone have this file or know where i can get it ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

well afaik linux.3dfx.com supply all the latest drivers and libs for their cards.

.logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

thanx got them ..
    anyone out there actually using xfree 4.0 ??
    cuase im havin plenty of fun with the config file & could use a look at sumone elses ..

c22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

hey ho,
    yea am using x4 at mo.. well using 3.3. whatever, then went and got the updated drivers from voodoo site for voodoo3000 which include their own server and other libraries 'n such for xf864 ( i thik )
    and it ll runs ok, so far, cept for this blotchy thing that appears up every now and thenn? smile.gif

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

lo gav,
    xfree86 3.3.6 which is the default with most distros at the mo is not xfree864.0, which is like a 30 mb dl .. if your using 4.0 your config should be xfree86config as a pose to xf86config .. if this file is on your box, could ya forward a copy to nmullen@hotmail.com

thanx,
    c22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

niall,

gav there is ross and nig's younger bro, if i got a reply like you just sent there, sounds very condasending indeed smile.gif..

only another hour left wohoo smile.gif..

P

• Advertisement
Advertisement