Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an Irishman, An Englishman and a Scotsman

Options
  • 05-12-2001 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

One day, an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. They proceeded to each buy a pint of Guinness.
    Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, three flies landed in each of their pints and got stuck in the thick head.

The Englishman pushed his beer away from him in disgust.

The Scotsman fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened.

The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling: "AH BEGORRAH! SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Please Sean find better jokes, though i appreciated the effort, i don't appreciate the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Are you kidding me Bullman? Whats wrong with it? Its a damn good joke! Maybe he fact that when he told it, it was the Irishman was the butt of the joke.

Face it, we all know that when these jokes are written, there all Paddy Irishman jokes. Most Irish folks just twist it so that the English or Scottish man is the joke and laugh at it. Tell it with as an Irishman joke though, and all of a sudden its a crap joke.

Grow up! It reminds me of a story I heard once. In the US a few years ago a Pole gained notoriety by entering bookshops and ripping out pages of Polish jokes from a magazine. He left the Jewish, Irish and Italian sections because they didn't offend him; a statement in itself. I think that nationalism, like patriotism should not be protected.

The best way to break down racial barriers is simply to laugh at ourselves and any one else who takes this jingoistic nationalism too far. Read em and laugh at em. If you are offended your more than welcome to retell it and slag off an English man, but if you cant laugh at yourself, maybe you shouldn't be laughing at all.

Whoops, sorry for the lecture, but its been a long day and im in a bad mood. :( Nothing like ranting to relax Thats some good stuff your posting Sean, keep it up mate, it usually gets a chuckle out of me :D Il give you 3 stars for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Please Sean find better jokes, though i appreciated the effort, i don't appreciate the results.

what are you the moderator ? even tho it was not AMAZING it also was not DREADFUL.

just give it the rating you think it deserves and shut your yap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 STAXDRUM

I AGREE 100%

I'd like to teach the world to SHRUG

Steve H (Scottish)

Are you kidding me Bullman? Whats wrong with it? Its a damn good joke! Maybe he fact that when he told it, it was the Irishman was the butt of the joke.

Face it, we all know that when these jokes are written, there all Paddy Irishman jokes. Most Irish folks just twist it so that the English or Scottish man is the joke and laugh at it. Tell it with as an Irishman joke though, and all of a sudden its a crap joke.

Grow up! It reminds me of a story I heard once. In the US a few years ago a Pole gained notoriety by entering bookshops and ripping out pages of Polish jokes from a magazine. He left the Jewish, Irish and Italian sections because they didn't offend him; a statement in itself. I think that nationalism, like patriotism should not be protected.

The best way to break down racial barriers is simply to laugh at ourselves and any one else who takes this jingoistic nationalism too far. Read em and laugh at em. If you are offended your more than welcome to retell it and slag off an English man, but if you cant laugh at yourself, maybe you shouldn't be laughing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

All well and good ... but "AH BEGORRAH!" ???

Shouldn't that be "SPIT IT OUT YOU LITTLE BA$TARD!!!" ?

"Ah begorrah" indeed! :rolleyes:

Humph! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement