Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YANBR (yet another new boards request)

• 05-12-2001 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I want a Software board.

I have said this b4 in several posts that there should be a software board the idea od ppl post questions about MS outlook, word, excel in the technology board doesnt seem right to me. And with Windows Xp out and about causing havoc its seems like a good idea to have a board where ppl can dicuss drivers and the like and leave the technology board to, well, more Tech question.

If you want more convincing, the Euro symbol post on the tech board should do the trick

btw the first person posting to this tread requesting to the the moderator to the board that doest even exist should be 12 clicked for mupperty. Well just a thought anyway.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just requesting to the the moderator to the board, thanks.

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

*punch*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can i be moderator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hehe first serious reply - I'd second this. Although it'll be wide open to Typedef style trolling, due to the fact that any software probs are generally windoze issues. Plus the CSers will try take over (as usual) with their sad CS problems, but all in all a good idea. Hasn't it been suggested before?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

you mean an apps and os forum, i like that idea.

dibs on being second mod

• Advertisement

an apps and os forum

Apps/OS. An even better title for it. I like it.

well it wouldnt effect the CS forum as its nothing to do with games.

it could be used to explain how to use and set up programs the right way.
    ive forgothen how many times ive been asked how to set up this or that firewall, or how to import this into that. or i want to do this what program should i get.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Done. MS Apps/OS is up

dahamsta and Boston as mods. Soz keeks you were a mod already :)

DeV.

hmm that was quick. i didnt even have time to get together all my old guys, like the right way to install an os

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

What's the point in the tech board now, might I ask?

• Advertisement

whats that JustHalf, close the tech board, well if you say so ;):D

seriously though, id imagine we would steal very few posts from the tech board, except for the odd problems help topic, it will probably be mostly lurkers with little debate more a cool hard facts type things. A does this B does that C... well you dont what to know what C does :)

Originally posted by DeVore
    Done. MS Apps/OS is up

dahamsta and Boston as mods. Soz keeks you were a mod already :)

DeV.

np Dev. I didn't ask to be the mod so i'm not dissappointed. I didn't want to the the mod anyway as I suspect there wiil be a lot of stupid posts. That said i'm glad the board is up and hopefully it will take some of the simpler (stupider) question from the tech board.

What's the point in the tech board now, might I ask?

to discuss HW probs and new technolgy advances etc i'd imagine. Just as a wild guess. :)

Advertisement