Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom boards backgrounds -ala LOTR boards

• 05-12-2001 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Take a look at the LOTR board... I think it pretty much sums up this post.
    Could we get a custom background on other boards?
    Can Mods of private boards areas change the background?
    It'd be a great option :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes thats a great idea I'd like to formally request a hammer & sickle with a Red Star for the Leftie oh sorry I mean the Politics board (especially for our American readers !!).

Comrade Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'll be "comin' at ya" with a similar request for the IOFFL board. ... it's part of our long term plans for the IOFFL site itself- all of which will be revealed in time.

It'll be concise, - it'll be detailed, - I'll be willing to help out in any way.

You'll hear from us soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by gandalf
    Yes thats a great idea I'd like to formally request a hammer & sickle with a Red Star for the Leftie oh sorry I mean the Politics board (especially for our American readers !!).

Now, comrade Gandalf, thats not a very fair attitude.

I think in the interests of balanced debate, we also need a PLO scarf, and some large-denomination American notes covered in blood. Oh - and something sensitive for the anti-globalisationists, like perhaps a police-dude in full riot gear, bransishing some large "crowd-control" instrument.

Thats should cover all bases nicely.

Unless we add a burning flag. Use a flag from some tolerant nation.....so we dont have a Jihad called on us....the US perhaps???

Comrade jc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Unless we add a burning flag. Use a flag from some tolerant nation.....so we dont have a Jihad called on us....the US perhaps???

Use a Microsoft flag? They're not tolerant, but the complaints will be minimal.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Use a Microsoft flag? They're not tolerant, but the complaints will be minimal.
    Dont be silly...a burning MS flag wont insult or outrage half enough people.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Nope! The LOTR board is a special case since it's mine :p

J.
    --

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement