Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my IE

• 30-06-2000 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

my internet explorer only plays animated picture files once

does anyone know how i can first this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Edge

who are you?

biggrin.gif

Libraries Give Us Power
    Tom
    Edge's Website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Would you know by any chance what format the animations are in? (I'm assuming .Gif)
    Does the same happen with Netscape?

More info would be nice, but if you're sure it's Internet Explorer, you might try installing an updated version to replace any corruption with the current install.

As far as I'm aware, there are no obvious options to enable or disable the looping of Gifs in IE, usualy such an option is set within the gif file itself.

But then we could be talking about Flash or many other formats... so it's hard to say exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What version of IE & Operating System?
    What type of animated picture files? - .gif, .mpng, flash...?
    What if you try downloading the files and opening them in an animation editor such as animation shop (comes free with paintshop pro) - is there a loop set at all?

Your question doesn't give much info.

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Could be PNG as well.

Btw, if you hit stop all the animations stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Silverthorn

its GIF files

i use internet explorer not netscape, version 5 i think, and i use windows 98

and it only happens with GIF's such as the flaming file logos on these boards and the rolling head smiley faces on other boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hobbes... "mpng" files are the animated png's, aren't they?

Silverthorn, "version 5"... not descriptive enough, I'm afraid... is it 5.0, 5.01, 5.5 ... which 5 is it? Have you tried re-installing it?

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

EDGE: you fool thats silverthorn, dammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Silverthorn

its 5.0

i think Edge thinks Im somebody else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Goto Tools then accross to the advanced folder and check the Multimedia checkboxes.
    if none of that work after reloading ie, try tools then accross to programs and click on the reset web settings!

Advertisement