Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

The game looks great obviously and plays great, but what you dont find out in the demo, is that
    , also a welcome addition is a difficulty setting, £50 for MGS and it was finished 3 ways over in a single weekend....screw that.

Also the game in very much a story which you sit back and follow as opposed to being a direct part of (like/dislike open for debate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Yeah i've read about that little twist.
    But I hope its a lot harder than the original..
    £50 is pretty steep for one game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

metal gear solid had a difficulty setting too.

and MGS owns on hard mode with no radar.
    you have to look around corners and stuff and actually look at where baddies are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Fúck sake could have put a spoiler alert!
    I deliberatly didnt read the spoilers in mags cos i didnt want to find that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yeah , got the japanese version of the game.
    I still think its fantastic just plagued by too many cutscenes at times and the story isn't quite so linear as the first , it gets a little stupid toward the end.
    [SPOILERS DELETED]

Bloody good game tho, sniper rifle is just shockingly good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Jesus Christ people, leave it out with the spoilers please. I've edited the main ones out of this thread - I've played the game, but I know a hell of a lot of people haven't and would rather not have the plot spoiled for them.

Regarding the game itself... Uh, what game? It's a movie - albeit a decent movie - with occasional interactive bits. You WILL spend more time watching cutscenes than playing the game... The tanker section, some of which was seen in the demo, is the best bit of the game. It's all downhill from there.

Which isn't to say that there isn't good stuff in here. Graphically it's the most impressive game EVER, and it's got some good boss fights in there. The voice acting is very good, which is a bonus, and some of the gameplay bits are excellent - like the fiendishly difficult sniping section. However, all in all... there just isn't enough game in here. Kojima had a story to tell, and one can't help feeling that the guy should just have written a book...

The ending, for what it's worth, is diabolical. And the romantic relationship in the game is the most boring, tortous, over-acted and downright annoying piece of work I've ever seen in a game or film.

Perhaps the next game, with Kojima just writing the plot and someone else directing the game itself, will pull back from the brink MGS has found itself on. Until then, this is a game worth having, but it's not more than a 7/10 in anyone's book. If you have to import a game, import ICO instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thought it was actually pretty crap come the end of the game, felt very cheated to be honest.
    But its extra features and playmodes have redeemed it somewhat and the ability to go back and look for pictures and movies of FHM and asian chicks is pretty cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Thanks shinji for editing the spoilers! I'm looking forward to this. Tis a pity we have to wait so long for it to be released, i'm sick of waiting for things to be come out (just got the transformers DVD which was due to be released in april). Looks like one hell of a......a......movie-game :)

I hear the delay is so long because they're trying to translate american into english ;)

don't mind me i'm tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

i know this is off-topic but whereabouts did you bag yourself a copy of TF on dvd, Qball?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I ordered it in through work, i don't know if we can re-order it in again. I can ask for ya if you want. Otherwise HMV, they might order it for you. If not you can buy it on the net at Amazon and Game.

I'm begining to sound like a flippin PR person!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement