Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best anti glare screen?

• 06-12-2001 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

what's the best 15 in anti glare screen money can buy or are these things a waste of time?

/me rubs he's bleeding eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Any new monitor which meets MPRII / TCO`99 standard doesn't need an anti glare screen, I wouldn't bother. Of course if your monitor is a few years old then you'll prolly be better off getting one alright. Can't recommend one myself as I've never bothered with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

wot i do is turn down the contract to about 50% and use some software to brighten the screeen, good glass screens are very expensive for 17" monitors but in work we have these "optikZ" ones which are very nice too look at - must swipe one some of these days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

i'll have to nick the new one we have at home for the lump i'm using now. Its about 4 years old and i'm sure its burned off a few layers of my eyes.

Advertisement