Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a really good thing on TV that no-one watches?

• 06-12-2001 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

the topic says it all. and i'd like something more then just ceefax page 561 and Sky at night with Patrick Moore. :)

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Night And Day on utv. Not sure what night.

Its a well written drama with great characters. But where it really shines is in how it is directed. It is really surreally shot and edited that give the program a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Malcolm in the Middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Fookin excellent, and though there are a good few ppl who watch it, there are far more who dont. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I think overall thers a general ignorance to Seinfeld, w/ many ppl I meet saying they've never even heard of it(or him).

All I can say is where have You PPL been???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

In the same vain as Seinfeld, there is/ was the Larry Sanders show, havn't seen it on the box much recently, since the making finished. Though i would assume that it has to be repeated somewhere.

Agree about Malcom, but i think that it gets a good audience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stella Street!

I've missied every bloody episode this run, the only good news is that BBC2 is bound to repeat it over the Xmas/NewYear lull...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I quite like Boston Public, when all ya have is RTÉ you can't be too picky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gigi

For those of you who believe, like myself, that going to any morning lectures is inherently wrong...and bad for the soul...Cheers is on Channel 4 in the mornings. I'd forgotten how good it is, and everyone else probably has too.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

The blizzard of odd - late evening monday (Network 2 22:45)
    - it's a review of the weeks tv. its quite funny

failing that, Brass Eye (Friday Channel 4 23:05) is usually worth a look - especially after that cake thing they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

'Inside Scottish Football' on Sky Sports Tuesday nights at 7pm. A vastly underwatched show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by gigi
    Cheers on Channel 4. I'd forgotten how good it is, and everyone else probably has too.

I've caught a few on Wednesdays as its my day off, and yep I had forgoten how good it was/is. I'd love to see Taxi get
    another showing too.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by gigi
    For those of you who believe, like myself, that going to any morning lectures is inherently wrong...and bad for the soul...Cheers is on Channel 4 in the mornings. I'd forgotten how good it is, and everyone else probably has too.

Lectures bad (I should go more often)

It's 1130 or 12 that it's on isn't it? Obviously like me you don't believe in getting up early either.

Taxi is on Paramount sometime suring the day AFAIK. I on;y get it with Chorus from 7pm-3am so I don't know what time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

Red Dwarf on Net2 at 10:20 on wednesday nights. It's quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

yeah red dwarf is cool. i used to watch that, didnt know it was back on. i thought of few more... :)

countdown (still the best), diagnosis murder (its dick van dyke's birthday today, 76), if you get ch5 watch those crime series with ice mothafcukin T, if you have satellite that crackling fire that used to be on RTL was excellent. and the space night on that other german channel is chilled out. bits on ch4 (is that still on?)

ill think of more :)

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

there's meant to be a brillant thing on TG4, yup, i think its on Friday nite, not sure i always miss it. Called OZ about some american prision drama or something, one lad always goin on about it.

Or any of those forgian (spellin?) films that are on Net2 usually a tuesday, they've had this one on a few times now called the something lovers, and t'was about this this guy and his girlfriend who kill another kid and bury his body in the woods and this hunter guy catches them later on and traps them in the basment of his cabin. BRILLANT film.

They had another one about some taxi drivers in spain or italy, t'was ages ago. That was brillant too.

Oh Cheers is on net2 loads aswell, i thinks loads ppl still watch Red Dwarf tho smeghead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oz - prison drama
    "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" - police drama
    "Homicide: Life on the Street" - police drama

adn anything else Dick Wolf puts his name to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Amu San Aise (can't find fadas..) on TG4! :)

I ain't joking, I enjoy this travel program waaaay more than any other on TV these days. That Hector brings something to each destination that no one else does (O.K. he takes the piss out of the locals a lot :) ). He also goes to out of the ways places and talks a bit about the local culture etc. etc..

I'm an avid viewer :D Seriously give it a blast some evening, I reckon you'll be pleasently surprised... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭binman

Family Guy has got to be one of the funniest programs ever, and not nearly enough people watch it. Its right behind the simpsons as best animation ever. Some bits are even funnier.

Thursday 8 sky1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Bluehair
    Amu San Aise (can't find fadas..) on TG4! :)
    I second this.

It's a simple enough show - crazy Irish guy goes to all sorts of different places, talks to a few natives, gets blotto, and has a laugh. A couple of weeks ago, at least 5 minutes of the show were given over to him puking after eating a beetle and a frog's leg.

It's probably the best, no-nonsense travel show on telly, and they were going to cancel it after the last series, because they thought noone watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

i third this...
    gr8 show! big hit in our student house.. friend of mine ended up sitting beside hector on the train there on wednesday,he took the piss out of everthing possible from dublin to athlone..

survivor doesn't seem to be watched that much, ppl should check it out.tg4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

Amu san Aise and the whole "Amu" series is brilliant.
    I remember Hector when he hosted a childrens show on TV3........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

jesus is that the same guy.. wow forgot about that.

anyway i saw it last week, when they were in Korea funny. he even had westlife on before their concert in Soeul. it was that good that i didn't turn over because of louis lads

it may not seem like much but it took some doin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

YEah, I have to agree, Been watching it since Amú Sa Meiriceá and Amú San Eoraip.......I know Eoraip is spelt wrong, feels different when typing in Irish....
    The Amsterdam one (last in ASE) was class, he was just waiting for the crew to shut off the cameras so he could smoke it :)
    Singapore was excellent to. This big gobshíte sitting amongst a heap of locals watching tv on the street, and him chatting away to one of em. Twas class.

Blizzard of Odd is almost too funny sometimes, of course it'll get cancelled too. Did any of ye notice how the digs at RTE have been getting steadily worse recently? I reckon they know their time is at hand and they couldn't care less. Quality show, well presented and scripted. Colin Montgomery/Murphy isn't it?

Rí Rá on TG4 (Fridady/Thursday nights) excellent show, lots of stuff. The spoof chatshow with Joe Rooney is class. Rips the piss outta people in broken Irish :)

No Disco was class when uaneen was around, much better mix of tunes. Leagues (and the music) seems to have gotena hell of a lot more boring. Same old boring indie shíte. Uaneen had videos of all sorts of experimental stuff, euopean electronica funk to mid-american ska, and her interviews were much more lively. Leagues puts me to sleep :( "Mouse on Mars - Actionist Respoke" anyone? "Wagon Christ - Reciever"?

Those foreign films are class, many of em alot better then some of the shíte Hollywood feeds us. Ayone see that Yugoslavian war film, "Pretty Village, Pretty Flame"? or "Paradise Mall" -German flic about a group of teenagers/20-somethings who break into a mall over night to run riot and security guards come in (the leader of which has it on his mind to rob the place of all teh cash left from the Chrstmas shopping) and it gets all complicated and good???
    Anyone seen "Run Lola, Run"? Another excellent flic.
    That French film was on RTE a while back and i saw a scene of it on Sky/C4 or something lately too. Very good.

Rianta is TG4's version of No Disco, haven't had much time to watch it lately though....must check it out again. They had Stiff little Fingers playing live on night, twas class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Undergrads (i think its called) on TG4, tuesday nights... funny animation I found compleatly by accedent one night.... some really feckin funny charactors.

....also VIDS on ch4... far better than BITS, although I dont think either of them are on anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

The Dave Gorman Collection is being re-shown on PlayUK (or UKPlay or whatever the Hell they're calling it these days) if you have it. In case you missed it on BBC it's presented by a guy called Dave Gorman and it's about this drunken bet he made with his flatmate that he couldn't find 54 other Dave Gorman's (one for every card in the pack). So anyway the guy goes all the way around the world looking for other DGs. Writing about it really doesn't do it justice. You'd think it would be really boring and pointless but I am so drawn into this show and it is one of the most funny and entertaining things I have seen in a long time.

http://www.davegorman.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

haha, seen that Dave Gorman show on BBC. ****ing hillarious. they had the woman change her name to Dave Gorman also so she can qualify for the count. keep em coming.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 edmund

This series currently finished it's current series on TG4, much to my dissapointment. It is

Rí Rí

This is an absolutely brilliant comedy with sketchs featuring the same characters every week. The best sketch was the gay Cork man who loved his friend very much but never told him.

It's a pity Scaoil aren't releasing their song "An Poc Ar Buile"

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I think its over for now but 2DTV cracked me up, 10 mins on a sunday night on UTV. Cartoon sketches of topical issues, you should of seen it during the airstrikes, they have the characters down to a T.

One of my (many) favourite sketches
    Middle-Eastenders
    Sharon (Behind bar)
    Yassar Arafat walks in
    Sharon: Good evening yassar, what are you having?
    Yassar: One Gaza Strip and half of Jerusalem
    Sharon: I think you have had enough already (whips out a minigun and starts firing all over the place)
    Also as I was flicking through the channels I came across this american sitcom called "Friends", Its kinda funny in a stupid way. I recommend it to anyone interested in half hours brainless entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

dont know how many people watch so graham norton but its the funniest ever chat show there has to be

Advertisement