Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I......

• 05-07-2000 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

No network cards? You can pick up old 10mbs ones real cheap...

Al.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Ya cable would be the cheapest and easiest way.
    Or you can buy gaming network kits:
    2 x Network Cards.
    1 of the cards has a build in 4 port hub!
    And a couple of patch leads.
    Kharn has one of these kits so you could try and contact him for approx price but there only about 150 pounds. <-pound sign would'nt work. doh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

you couldn't give me a name and a brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

£150 - forget it.
    But 2 2nd hand network cards (£10 each, try the for sale board) and a crossever cat5 cable (£5).
    Total = £25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

That kit is the trust gamers network kit. Maplin have it for about £70-80 I'm fairly sure. (I work there) smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I got two pc's at home one fairly old 120mhz and another newish one

Now how do connected the 2 together so as I can play QW from em.

I have one of those serial cables ( I dunno )but there is no port in the old pc to take it is there any other way of connecting this pc's for gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye gerrys right was there on friday and saw it id go for it i have one for ages but beware the old computer must have a free pci slot or it wont work . smile.gif enjoy . ( dont go for the cat five can be a bit tempermental )

Advertisement