Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Interesting isn't it. I think we can safely say that the muppet species does not originate from the depths of web development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Is this your definition of recent perhaps? That article was written in July 2000, nearly eighteen months ago.
    No. It was my definition of less partisan than a test run by mysql.com.
    Tim is hardly the best man to be running tests.
    Not being on his Christmas card list I can't say.

Beyond that, I'd concurr with most of jmcc's contributions on the PostgreSQL/MySQL question.
    Actually, the last time I posted on the IEDR forum I was flaming, not trolling
    There's a fine line between a flame and a troll. When a flame is pointless or will result in nothing gained, it becomes a troll, imho. And flaming Fagan falls into this category from what I've observed, Adam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's a fine line between a flame and a troll. When a flame is pointless or will result in nothing gained, it becomes a troll, imho. And flaming Fagan falls into this category from what I've observed, Adam.

I see your point, but I wouldn't be so sure about that Corinthian. More than a few people have had enough with the incompetence and opacity of the IEDR. Those people aren't willing to let the IEDR continue down that path any more.

adam

I see your point, but I wouldn't be so sure about that Corinthian. More than a few people have had enough with the incompetence and opacity of the IEDR. Those people aren't willing to let the IEDR continue down that path any more.
    Losing your temper at them won't work. It won't hurt them. There are more practical ways to do so. I have enough experience with their ilk and kin to know that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think we can safely say that the muppet species does not originate from the depths of web development.

Entirely correct. Muppets are of course spawned in the shallows of web design, where the BLINK and MARQEE tags flit freely, but occasionally get dragged downwards by unseen, weird species that live in the dark and consume enormous amounts of odd foodstuffs.

Losing your temper at them won't work. It won't hurt them. There are more practical ways to do so. I have enough experience with their ilk and kin to know that.

What makes you think I lost my temper Coninthian? Again, I see what you're saying, but do you honestly think venting my frustration with Mike and the IEDR is my solution to the actual problem? I would have hoped people thought I had more brains than that.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

I think we can safely say that the muppet species does not originate from the depths of web development.

Entirely correct. Muppets are of course spawned in the shallows of web design, where the BLINK and MARQEE tags flit freely, but occasionally get dragged downwards by unseen, weird species that live in the dark and consume enormous amounts of odd foodstuffs.

I can just imagine Mike Fagan and IEDR trying to walk on water as the theme from Jaws plays in the background. Of course Pink Floyd's 'Dogs Of War' may be a better track for when dealing with IEDR and its antics. Yes muppets can be quite an odd foodstuff but remember the scene from Hannibal with the lawyer. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

where the BLINK and MARQEE tags flit freely
    That's "MARQUEE", but you didn't hear it from me... :eek:

What makes you think I lost my temper Coninthian?
    If you did not, you certainly gave the impression that you did, both there and here (which is why I brought it up).

Advertisement