Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBooks - a review type thing

Options
  • 06-12-2001 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

anyone use them?
    I've tried them out in work and I'm dead impressed. I was initially doubtful about them, I didn't think it'd be very comfortable reading entire books on screen but I think I was wrong.

I've just finished the Nights Dawn Trilogy and I found it very easy to read on screen. Acrobat's eBook reader keeps track of the page and book you were reading so when you restart it hops straight back to where you were. There's a built-in dictionary,
    and a variety of page views.

The one problem I have is that the book is locked to the machine you download it on. You can transfer it to any other machine on the network, but I can't find an easy way to bring the book home to keep on my laptop, short of bringing in my laptop.
    (if anyone knows how to do this please let me know)

It's not the easiest to buy them online - the shops don't seem to have put as much thought into the eBook sections as the print sections. Searching, for example is not good. The selection is getting better and better.

Anyone else got any thoughts/suggestions?

Advertisement