Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok this tune is driving me crazy... can you help?

Options
  • 06-12-2001 8:45pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard a tune on Today FM recently which was a techo-ish "choon". It was pretty cool but they didnt give its name on the radio. All I know about it is that:

1.its fairly technish
    2.it has a female lead singer
    3.The lyrics sounded like "Its an emotional noise" (though my
    companion thought it was "emotional boy"... and the word "chemical"

I've heard it a few times now but never got the name. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Shame on you Dev! You should be listening to Phantom FM! :)

But moving on... your description is very vague.. have you tried ringing the station with the time the song was aired and asking?

b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

Sophie Ellis Bextor?...... at a guess.

Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

It's Garbage's new song "Cherrylips" - and Today fm smells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

tom dunne's pretty good, he thinks corgan is a genius so
    he has my full respect.
    cool garbage tune
    "OF AN EMOTIONAL LANDSLIDE"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

donel dineen is far better than tom dunne. tom dunne's like your dad trying to play the music the 'kids' like... it's embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Today FM is okay, Ray D'Arcy played the pixies the other day, the first time I've heard them on a radio show of a national broadcaster during the day.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was indeed Cherry Lips... but the version I got of it was considerably less techno then the version I heard. It wasnt Today FM ... which does ming of poo. It was 2fm... I was in Limerick.

I do listen to Phantom FM from time to time. I'm a big supporter of free radio. (Shame on you ODTR, chase Alfie Kane not pirate radio broadcasters).

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

My guess is it's a remix for a b-side either the Howie B remix or the Roger Sanchez one, I haven't heard either.

Advertisement