Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV Digital in Dublin

• 06-12-2001 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I am beside Killiney Hill with clear line of sight out to the sea? Can i get digital if i buy a new aerial?

Comments

Hi there wrong section for this question really-but heres a quick answer.
    It may be possible-but reception would not be reliable.
    You would be looking for a tx in Northwest England,or at the wrong side of Snowdonia.
    Presely(near Pembroke) gives good results in North Wexford for ITV digital-but thats with the equivalent of 80 to 100db's analogue signal strenght and it's unlikely you will get that from either the North or GB where you are:(
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Madman

What are my chances up here is south wicklow, near Tinahely?
    We used to get fair reception here years ago

I know the area very well,lots of presely aerials up there with varying results-due to being surrounded by hills-If you get your UK stuff from there fairly good(which would be possible) then you would see ITV digital fairly often-but not all the time.
    I already had good gear, and a mast up with excellent presely-so had to spend no lolly receiving ITV digital.
    The likelyhood is that you would,so I'd reccommend sticking with Sky for the moment and trying out Irish DTT when it arrives and then decide which one you want.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

or if you have sky at the mo you could manually tune utv in, there as been posts relating to this posted before somewere on this site.

Advertisement